Grand Cine

Weekdays (08-11th July) Super Tuesday DM4 : 15,1M - IO2 : 5,6M

1 minute ago, kayumanggi said:

When I see stuff like this, it just makes the chances of this movie crossing The Lion King remake and its $1.66B total more likely.

We're talking about an increase from Tuesday enterting its fifth weekend, which is just insane. 

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, Ryan C said:

When I see stuff like this, it just makes the chances of this movie crossing The Lion King remake and its $1.66B total more likely.

We're talking about an increase from Tuesday enterting its fifth weekend, which is just insane. 

I’m going to be honest here. I think 1.6B is even more likely if it holds well this weekend. It’s been holding phenomenally well overseas and domestic hasn’t collapsed either. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, AnthonyJPHer said:

I’m going to be honest here. I think 1.6B is even more likely if it holds well this weekend. It’s been holding phenomenally well overseas and domestic hasn’t collapsed either. 

With no competition this weekend (outside of Despicable Me 4 opening in some new big international markets), it's gonna be holding well throughout the rest of the summer. $700M domestically probably isn't gonna happen anymore, but $650M looks very possible. I've said it before and I'll say it again, the fact that we'll still be in the heat of the summer going forward will keep the film pacing slightly ahead of Barbie which were slowing down as the summer was wrapping up. 

Internationally, unless Despicable Me 4 does some serious damage to it, it's looking like at least a $50M+ fifth weekend. Combine that with $20M domestically this weekend and we could be looking at over/under $1.35B by Sunday. 

If it can then survive against Twisters and Deadpool and Wolverine, then $1.6B will surely be locked and it'll just be a matter of time before it can crawl past 2019's The Lion King. Then we could finally put this whole debate of whether that movie is or should be the highest-grossing animated film of all-time to rest. 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, JohnnyGossamer said:

Well... Maverick did. Inside Out 2 still might depending on late legs.

I allowed Maverick to do it. Tom Cruise delivered the goods.

• Thanks 1

Monday and Tuesday seemed like IO2 would fall behind TS4-minus-a-week, but today it jumps back to even. 

IO2 TS4
F 10.603 11.901
S 11.202 12.831
S 8.509 9.128
M 3.81 4.175
T 5.6 6.675
W 4.4 4.306
T   4.431
F   6.253
S   8.201
S  

Today likely 4.4 again with nothing major opening this evening to grab screens, so 21m weekend is as good a bet as any, 30% drop from last weekend. 

• Like 8

https://deadline.com/2024/07/box-office-longlegs-fly-me-to-the-moon-channing-tatum-nicolas-cage-1236008154/

Rest of the top 5 of pics in regular release are as follows:

1.) Despicable Me 4 (Uni) 4,428 theaters Thu $9.1M (-11% from Wednesday), Wk $118.8M, Total $166.4M/Wk 1

2.) Inside Out 2 (Dis) 3,760 theaters Thu $3.9M (-10%) Wk $48M, Total $551.8M/Wk 4

3.) A Quiet Place: Day One (Par) 3,688 theaters, Thu $2.1M (-12%) Wk $31M, Total $104.4M/Wk 2

4.) Bad Boys: Ride or Die (Sony) 2,644 theaters, Thu $679K (-8%) Wk $9.6M, Total $180.4M/Wk 5

5.) MaXXXine (A24) 2,450 theaters, Thu $521K (-22%), Wk $9.3M/Wk 1

• Like 2