Eric the Marxist

D23 2024 Discussion Thread | Friday, August 9 Entertainment Showcase (7:00-9:00 PM PDT) | Saturday, August 10 Experiences Showcase (7:00-8:300 PM PDT)

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Only real newsworthy thing left is the Princess and the Frog panel, which has people working on the TV so there may finally be a major update on that

Slight chance some sort of news comes out of the Lucasfilm Animation panel starting in about an hour, but maybe not that great of a chance.

1 hour ago, SpiderByte said:

Only real newsworthy thing left is the Princess and the Frog panel, which has people working on the TV so there may finally be a major update on that

Not newsworthy but cool behind the scene look to some of the MCU concept art process:

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

Slight chance some sort of news comes out of the Lucasfilm Animation panel starting in about an hour, but maybe not that great of a chance.

Meh.  "not that great of a chance" was the winner after all.

• Sad 1

18 minutes ago, Porthos said:

Meh.  "not that great of a chance" was the winner after all.

I think Lucasfilm mostly wants to make a big splash at Celebration next year and they can't really do that if they reveal a bunsh of stuff half a year before that.

8 hours ago, Youngstar said:

I think Lucasfilm mostly wants to make a big splash at Celebration next year and they can't really do that if they reveal a bunsh of stuff half a year before that.

I see what you're saying, but I think part of the problem is that after S2 of Ahsoka, we have literally bupkis scheduled for D+.  Literally have no idea what's gonna happen on the D+ side of the equation, and that's complicated by the fact that I'm not even certain we have a tentative window for when Ahsoka's second season is gonna get shot, never mind aired.  Given it's Filoni's baby, I presume it won't be until the Mando movie shoot is over, and who knows how long that's gonna be.

Add in the fact that some of their most successful storytelling has been on the animation side of the ledger... Well, knowing that we get to have something penciled in on the back half of 2025 would be welcome.

----

To put it a different way, here is a tentative schedule for SW on D+ for the rest of this year and next year

Dec '24 - Jan '25:  Skeleton Crew

??? - ??? Andor S2 (three months)

Annnnnnnd, that's about it (with all due respect to both the LEGO special and the Young Jedi Adventures).  If I pencil in Andor S2 start date for April (to tie in with Celebration) or May (obvious reasons) that might take us through June/July, after a dry spell in Feb/Mar.

Then what?  Given a rough 11 month turn around from the end of a shoot, I think the earliest the second season of Ahsoka will be is next December, presuming a Sep or Oct shoot start this year.  

That's a large chunk of 2025 with no new Wars in the Stars.  Waiting until April next year for news about a new animation series...  Well I won't go all Veruca Salt, but I think I will post this gif

1e2a2943b3871f23576937330a0fbdd9f6-squid

instead 😉 

• Like 3

1 hour ago, Porthos said:

That's a large chunk of 2025 with no new Wars in the Stars.  Waiting until April next year for news about a new animation series...  Well I won't go all Veruca Salt, but I think I will post this gif

1e2a2943b3871f23576937330a0fbdd9f6-squid

instead 😉 

I guess my hope is maybe a bit of a lighter year in 2025 isn't too bad for Lucasfilm to take stock in what they want to do next. Maybe similar to what Marvel (ok D&W aside) and DC is doing this year. 

Although Bad Batch was first announced in a press release before the trailer was unveiled at that Disney+ Day or whatever. So there's hope yet and I 100% believe they already know what the next animated show is.

• Like 3