Eric the Marxist

Blink Twice (2024) Spoiler Thread

Blink Twice (2024)  

7 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

A fine directorial debut from Zoe Kravitz, though not without its share of flaws. It ultimately gives off a "what if Jordan Peele made Midsommar?" vibe, and it's certainly not subtle about its themes, but I think it works in its own weird and wild way and the superb ensemble cast is committed (Adria Arjona is quickly becoming a favorite). Naomi Ackie makes for a solid anchor, and Channing Tatum channels his natural charm into something more insidious (his increasingly unhinged repeating of "I'M SORRY!" towards the end...give him his Oscar!). B

That trigger warning disclaimer at the beginning is just absurd though. Isn't this the reason the MPA rating system (and the content descriptions they provide at the bottom) exists?

• Like 1

On 8/27/2024 at 6:14 PM, Jonwo said:

I get it's a movie but no one on Earth does a nail artist and waitress become a Tech CEO.

It’s not about becoming the tech CEO though. It’s her just getting revenge and controlling Channing Tatum’s character. 

I assumed she’ll do good things with his money and then ditch it/him when she’s ready. 

That’s how I took it anyway. 

• Like 1

I thought this did a great job of cranking up the tension, although it took a while to get going. Maybe I'm naive but I honestly thought the men seemed nice and I was curious about how the film would turn dark, as per the massive spoiler warning at the start of the film. It kept me guessing. I was wondering why Slater wasn't making moves on Frieda cause he was clearly into her. Lol.

The more I think about it, the more I want to watch it again. I have a feeling that on second viewing I will feel like an idiot for not spotting so much stuff.

The final scene didn't work for me though. I don't know how Frieda could have control over Slater. The memory loss perfume won't make him forget the previous abuse he did to her, and won't change his psychopathic personality.

Also fuck the trigger warning. Spoiling the plot of a mystery thriller is a dick move.

Edited by Avatree