Eric the Clown

Joker: Folie a Deux (2024) Spoiler Thread

Joker: Folie a Deux (2024)  

29 members have voted

1. 1. What'd You Think?

6 hours ago, WittyUsername said:

Personally, I cant say I agree with the people are mad about Arthur Fleck not being the “real” Joker. I never cared for the idea that these movies are meant to be Batman prequels anyway. That’s why I rolled my eyes when the first movie did the death of the Waynes. At the very least, if they wanted to go there, I always wished they went the extra mile and killed off Bruce too. 

It seems like people wanted this version of Joker to be something he clearly wasn't.

I see the film's "stans" are now talking about how "ballsy" Phillips was,and how cool it is he gave the studio and the fans the finger.

My answer is the only thing that matters in the end is what is on the screen, and what I saw on the screen was a pretty bad movie.

I don't care how edgy Phillips was trying to be, he put  a bad product on the screen.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, ListenHunnyUrOver said:

It seems like people wanted this version of Joker to be something he clearly wasn't.

LIke the Joker people expect to see when they go to a movie about the Joker.

9 hours ago, dudalb said:

I see the film's "stans" are now talking about how "ballsy" Phillips was,and how cool it is he gave the studio and the fans the finger.

My answer is the only thing that matters in the end is what is on the screen, and what I saw on the screen was a pretty bad movie.

I don't care how edgy Phillips was trying to be, he put  a bad product on the screen.

It's really getting cringey the way they are defending the film, some have not even seen it and just read the plot. I wish there was more discussions to be had about the film, but it's just shallow-llllow.

On 10/7/2024 at 4:01 AM, Dominic Draper said:

I thought this was one of the ballsiest major studio films in a while.

Thoroughly enjoyed it even with its flaws, and I think it will become a cult classic with critics re-appraising it in years to come.

There's just so much emotional anger over the film right now and by design I'd imagine. Todd has always had a nihilist mean streak in his films and this is no different.

People were saying things like this about The Matrix Resurrections. 

• Like 1

I did not like this movie at all and I found it incredibly boring. However, I do appreciate some elements of the movie. I think it has some great ideas that are very poorly executed. Moreover, Gaga's character seems to be half baked and doesn't really bring anything to this movie although her performance is great for what she's given. I think it is an incredibly bold choice, and one that I personally appreciate, to make a sequel that is going to anger the fans of the first one but the movie, unfortunately, is not good so you end up with angry fans and a bad movie that non-fans cannot even defend. 

I don't think it being a musical or a court movie is bad and some of the best parts of the movie are because of this (Gary Puddles testimony and Gonna build a mountain music performance), however, nothing else is done right and the movie fails at what it is trying to achieve and doesn't deliver.