rockNrollaDIM

Sons of Anarchy

After being a weasel for several seasons Juice finally does the honorable thing. Nice redemption for the character.

Finally Unser dies and it wasn't the cancer. I think that really, he's responsible for a lot of the shit that's gone down over the course of the show and that was never really recognized within the narrative. He's the one who set Gemma in motion last season with bad information and nobody ever acknowledged that. Add to that he pretty much allowed / endorsed all the violence from SamCro since the beginning and although he was presented as a somewhat grey character, more often than not he comes across like a hero when in reality he's got so much blood on his hands.

I find it interesting that the biggest female characters on the show were all killed from behind, I wonder if that was intentional.

Agent Stahl- gunshot to back of the head by Opie

Tara- stabbed in the back of the head by Gemma

Gemma- gunshot to back of the head by Jax

Good stuff, the gang warfare and politics can get a little muddled and confusing at times to say the least but I've really enjoyed the character relationships on the show, that's the real heart of it and it's a shame it's never been critically lauded. I guess the important part is that the audiences have clearly responded to it. Can't wait to see how it ends next week.

• Like 1

Shit aDIM i never check down here...or rarely. 

Ive watched this damn show since day 1 of season 1. 

OK, unser is a creech, he created so many of the problems by his big mouth and protected his GOD gemma in the past.  I honestly felt nothing when unser got shot.  To me he's been a guy who tried to be the law but loved gemma and was just dirty in a way I could never like the character.  I think there was one season I thought unser was a badass but it's been so many now don't even recall.  As for the actor, great acting, tough part to play man.  Unser in the end was gemma's bitch to me no matter how lawful he tried to be.  

And the Gemma and Jax thing was eyewattering- he HAD to first hear it from her and  you watch again, he had to hear it from her, but overall she was ready and content she had been a bad person, but she was ready and ok....tough to watch all the characters fall off that u watched the last 7 damn years.   

Juice---what a sad character man---without going into it he never had a chance......terrible how he went down the last season

Edited by holcs
  • Like 2

I honestly didn't really feel that much during this episode.  And at the end up the episode when it shows Jax screwing his ex again to sad music, I kept waiting for them to cut to Juice being raped by the Nazis or the Chinese again and then I remembered he got killed like 10 minutes earlier, Kurt Sutter seems to have a morbid fascination with assrape because this show has a ton of it.  To me, Sons of Anarchy is a great example of a show that started out great and gradually fell apart.

• Like 1

I can't even get started on Jax. He claims to do everything for his wife, his kids, family, club, but that's not true. He's always done everything for himself.

He's in some rage about Tara's death but he was screwing other women the whole time they were together, and now he's banging the junkie ex Wendy after he kills his mother and how many other people this season in Tara's honor (when all Tara ever wanted was peace and stability for the boys)? LOL

• Like 2

This whole "honor among bikers/gangs" thing is really beating my bullshit alarm like a dead horse.  Their laws demand that Jax be killed, and Jax and the other presidents are like yeah we will handle this fucked up situation with bureaucratic detachment.  And Gemma being like "yes you have to kill me because of what we are".   What is this "our code demands a cycle of violence even if we actively wish it didn't be that way, we are stuck with it because REASONS", it's the most forced bullshit ever. 

Sons of Anarchy:  Death, Violence, and Sex, its what we are. :rulez:

He's in some rage about Tara's death but he was screwing other women the whole time they were together, and now he's banging the junkie ex Wendy after he kills his mother and how many other people this season in Tara's honor (when all Tara ever wanted was peace and stability for the boys)? LOL

That sure was some, "I just killed a long term family friend and my mom, time to fuck" there.

And Jax coldly gunning Unser down like it was nothing really makes less and less sense the more I think about it. This show just has no ability to maintain consistency with the characters, which makes for a chaotic(and not in a good way) final run.  Unser's death was such a let-down, especially since he actually had the potential to be a pretty tragic figure if they didn't just rewire his character every time it was convenient to the plot.  Confronting what Gemma has done after like 30 years of carrying the torch printer for her, realizing that he wasted his entire adult life for a family that doesn't really give a shit about him, and now he truly has nothing left. There's some powerful scenes to be mined from that.  Instead we got...this.

And I'm still not really sure why Juice had to die, but I guess its better than being filled with unwanted sperm forever.

I'll watch the last episode just to get it over with.

In a show that pretty much is full of despicable characters it's pretty hard to root for anyone.  Still keeps me pretty entertained after all these years tho.  Also, some good acting in the last few episodes by the whole cast.

Edited by holcs
  • Like 1

I thought the episode was good, but could have been better. I liked that Jax ended his own life instead of having someone else do it. Also, liked that he set up for his kids to live a good life away from the club.

That pretty much sums up my feelings

• Like 1

The execution was definitely bad. It's just hard to feel anything for these characters at this point, like when Jax unpatches and and they all hug and cry - we've seen that scene a thousand times already.

His killing spree was LOL stupid but he's gotten away with anything he wants this season, and the tie-up with the homeless girl was a big let down.

The high point of the episode was probably the discussion between Jax and Nero, and Jax saying goodbye to his boys.

Edited by aDIM Stormborn

ehh, it was fine.  It's funny like chibs, who really wasn't always a big player became one, tig the nut vp, and happy....i mean they weren't even that important early on in seasons end up running samcro.  But, that's what happens when sutters gotta kill off people all the time.  I mean all the characters are despicable but is was sad for me seeing the show end.  Not saying the last season was great or the last episode but still it's a lot of time invested into characters.  Sucks no more sons- but I think Jax breaking the chain was exactly the right way to go- and was still hard to watch but he had it all planned and new it had to be that way- completely fine with me

pce SOA, you def were one of my fav shows and I kept up all 7 years.  Props to a very entertaining show!

I need a new show now tho...lost BB and this, hurting. 

Edited by holcs