35 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Watched the director's cut. I've never seen this film before till now. That was very interesting. Will need to watch again. So the "bad guy" is the hero? What does that make everyone else?

I'm honestly amazed they somehow sold this to WB. It was R rated and without any major name actors. Not to mention those sex scenes.

A-

Edited by BoxOfficeZ

Sorry guys I'm in the "boring" camp. The movie probably works really well as a visual augmentation for the graphic novel, but as a fresh viewer who has never read it, the story doesn't really get a chance to shine.

I was expecting it to tackle some big themes and have a deeper meaning, but I didn't get a lot of that. I got a lot of blue glowing smurf penis and superhero erectile dysfunction. On the surface, it's all dark and adult and grown up, but it still managed to feel immature to me.

It's not a complete failure, but when you're watching an adaptation of source material that's often bandied around as the best graphic novel of all time, I think it's fair to expect more from the film.

My video review:

Probably the greatest example of a film adaptation completely missing the point of its source material. It's incredibly tedious, boring and vapid, and despite being nearly 3 hours long, it has hardly anything meaningful to say.

Also, obligatory reminder that Rorschach is not a good guy.

D+