35 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

I can`t decide whether to give it an A for the the best insomnia cure since Thin Red Line or F for one of the most boring movies ever. Couldn`t finish it so I saw the hilariously attrocious sex scene here from a youtube vid.I really liked the comic book though I`d do with much less Laurie and Dan and Dr Manhattan who are boring and much more Rorschach and The Comedian who are awesome especially the former.

It's a tedious, pretentious piece of crap. Many people find it boring. Although the opening credit sequence is very well. Then it's all downhill into snooze inducing boredom.

Edited by DeeCee

I'm not sure if I've ever been more surprise by a film than this one. I believe it's one of the best comic book films I've ever seen. I was completely invested in every character and Rorshach might be one of my fave characters of all time. "You don't understand, I'm not in here with you. You're in here with me!"9.5/10

• Like 1

Watchmen shows the wonders Snyder can accomplish with the right script. If you somehow didn't like this, you better forget his other works, cause this is he at his peak.

Characters felt interesting and fresh, I was invested in them and felt for them, even getting emotional at times, which was quite a feat, considering the source material emotional detachment. 

Every little moment was unique, doesn't matter how small or contrived or whatever it was, the highly inspired musical choices and jaw-dropping cinematography made it work. 

You never feel its lengthy runtime and Dr. Manhattan is one of the most realistic looking CGI beings ever put on screen, even years after the release.

On the problems, I think the movie could have cast better actors for the part of Laurie and Adrian. Goode and Akerman, while giving alright performances, pale in comparison to the rest of the stellar cast.  

Some of the dialogue tried to sound way too smart for its own good, a problem also shared by the graphic novel.

Also, could have saved a fine 5 minutes by cutting the useless sex scene. Too much Slow Motion as well.

Besides that, I think it's a damn near masterpiece. 95/100

Edited by Goffe
  • Like 1