baumer

The Apparition

4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Much like grading a movie with an A+, I also don't hand out F's lightly but boy did The Apparition deserve it because this is one of the most harebrained movies I have ever seen. It's a mishmash of "scary" moments that makes no sense in between one-dimensional characters you care nothing about. Even with the nonsensical scare scenes, it's just an all around boring movie. The only saving grace that is keeping this from being THE worst movie I have ever seen (thus an F instead of F-) is Ashley Greene; no she doesn't deliver a good performance, though I doubt any seasoned actress could, but she is cute and looks great in a couple of scenes.

If you couldn't tell, I truly hated this movie and the fact it cost $17M is mind-boggling.

½*/*****, (F, 1.0/10, 0.25/4)

Like the other two said, the film is suffers from some really poor writing.  The main character knows that the experiment he and Malfoy did is now coming back to haunt them yet he hopes that by saying everything is all right, that it will be.  He also assumes that by moving out of the supposed haunted house that whatever it is that is haunting him is not going to follow.  Dumb.

However, that doesn't change the fact that there are some really terrifying moments in the film and some of it is very well directed.  And Ashley Greene is totally sexed up.  She's absolutely stunning in some scenes.  It's too bad they didn't have a better script because the suspense is very well done.  I was genuinely frightened in a few scenes.

7/10