kayumanggi

2015 Discussion Thread: Universal wins the calendar year | SW: TFA - biggest film domestic, 3rd biggest film worldwide

Release dates change constantly and usually are placed that far in advance just to reserve a spot. If they see a good reason to get away from the competition and/or move to summer 2016, I guarantee they'll do it. There's precedence with Harry Potter.

This.

While its a bit risky but what about July 17th 2015 for MJII? Probably would be unlikely given how crowded Summer 2015 is.

Can they? With filming and post could they move it up 4 months? 

Dory's current release date is a huge mistake, I'm sorry. It's opening 5 days after MJ2, 2 weeks before Alvin, and 4 weeks before KFP3. It needs to move if MJ2 doesn't.

Why would it move its fine.

Disney is not letting go of that Thanksgiving weekend. They've booked it for the rest of the decade. FD is not moving.

And neither is Mockingjay. If Frozen can co-exist this fall with CF, then so will FD and MJ.

Because film can co-exist.

November's not big enough, Avatar/Sherlock Holmes/Alvin coexisted because they were during Christmas break. November/early December weekdays are really shitty. Plus Frozen won't draw nearly as many young adults as Dory will.  Nobody grew up with Frozen, but nearly everyone who will be 15-25 in 2015 (also the main demographic for MJ2) has seen Finding Nemo.

Justice League will be pretty big, but the other two will be nonfactors. Dory moving there (whichever weekend is farthest from JL) would make a lot of sense.

T5 dependent on director.

-Speilberg

-Renaud

-Lasseter

-Adamson

Can someone here give a NON bias reason on why FD and Ant Man should move, but MJ2 cant?

Fanboys of MJII say it can't move, everyone else says it can move. I will give you reasons why they shouldn't move Dory screams legs, Ant-Man will be helped by legs while MJ2 will be frontloaded either way, so why not start of with a 175M+ rather than a 140M-150M. 

Fanboys of MJII say it can't move, everyone else says it can move. I will give you reasons why they shouldn't move Dory screams legs, Ant-Man will be helped by legs while MJ2 will be frontloaded either way, so why not start of with a 175M+ rather than a 140M-150M.

Also "Peanuts" should have great legs.

No, they really don't.

???

FD: 6-12 years old, that is the major fan base. Than you got 18-20 year olds that were kids when Nemo came out. Also parents of the 6 years old will go.

MJII - Fanbase: 13-29. I can't see 6 year olds or 45+ years old be a big fan base.

When those "hardcore book fans" are the same people who were children when Finding Nemo was released, yes.

You know this how? Did you poll all 800M worth of ticket buyers and say what ya reading?

???

FD: 6-12 years old, that is the major fan base. Than you got 18-20 year olds that were kids when Nemo came out. Also parents of the 6 years old will go.

MJII - Fanbase: 13-29. I can't see 6 year olds or 45+ years old be a big fan base.

They're obviously not aiming for the exact same audience but there is a big overlap. I'm in that age range and almost everyone I know is really excited for Finding Dory because they saw Finding Nemo as children and loved it.  A lot of people my age are also Hunger Games fans, it's the new "it" franchise after Harry Potter and Twilight ended.

Taking away Star Wars and Avatar from 2015, 2015 ain't that badly crowded? Huh? JP4 could then move into Memorial weekend! :)

MJII

Dory

TA2

3 400M+

ID4-2

JL/MOS2

JPIV

Bond 24

4 300M+

Not crowded?

They're obviously not aiming for the exact same audience but there is a big overlap. I'm in that age range and almost everyone I know is really excited for Finding Dory because they saw Finding Nemo as children and loved it.  A lot of people my age are also Hunger Games fans, it's the new "it" franchise after Harry Potter and Twilight ended.

Well I can't see MJII getting that elusive 6-12 range.