BK007

BFCA Score Thread

Zero Dark Thirty's at a lower than expected 83. Les Miserables is up to a fantastic 91, let's see if it can hold. Though since most of the critics have seen Zero Dark Thirty and Les Miserables by now and have had over a week to vote now, I don't see them deviating too far from their current score. (Zero Dark Thirty can probably get to a 90.) Promised Land's at a 78. And Amour is still at a depressingly low 88.

Zero Dark Thirty's at a lower than expected 83. Les Miserables is up to a fantastic 91, let's see if it can hold. Though since most of the critics have seen Zero Dark Thirty and Les Miserables by now and have had over a week to vote now, I don't see them deviating too far from their current score. (Zero Dark Thirty can probably get to a 90.) Promised Land's at a 78. And Amour is still at a depressingly low 88.

How is 88 depressingly low, but 91 is fantastic? Edited by lab276

lol, so the Hobbit, I initially announced was at a 90 on the 1st. It dropped to 80, on the 3rd and is down to 65 on the 4th. Anyway, changes:Les Miserables 91 (+3)Zero Dark Thirty 83 (-1)Monsters Inc 3D 81 (+3)The Impossible 81 (+1)This is 40 68 (+1)Playing for Keeps 65 (-3)The Hobbit 65 (-15)Amour 88 (think it's been like this for a looooong time now though)Guilt Trip 80 (new)Django Unchained 30 (new)So it's just Jack Reacher and Parental Guidance left of wide releases. Both won't factor into anything.

How is 88 depressingly low, but 91 is fantastic?

91 for Les Mis, which no one was expecting to be hugely critically loved is getting a higher score right now than Lincoln, SLP, and others which I think speaks volumes to its quality assuming it holds.

88 for Amour, which is along with The Master,the critical darling of the year, only managing an 88 is depressing. I was thinking at least a 93+ which would put it in the Social Network (95) and King's Speech (97 :o) territory.