A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

will it still reach 50 mill??

I can't see it reaching $50m now. It has lost screens to Prometheus that allowed it to charge more because it was in 3D. It has extra competition from The Expendables 2, Prom, and The Dark Knight Rises. Not only that, the kids are back in school now which limits the time they can watch the movie to only the weekends. Everything is against it.

Yeah, absolutely no celebrating here ...Middle week projection for the full 2nd week:PROM 90M yuan +230% from 1 day openingTDKR 75M yuan -65%TASM 60M yuan -74%TE2 will easily win this week with around 130M.New projection for TASM total: right above $50M.

projection for TDKR?

So since this release schedule was done to hinder the grosses of Hollywood films and it seems to be working, this kind of scheduling will likely continue in the future right?

We can bet on that.

I am already worrying to see TF3 facing Hobbit 3 in September 2014 ...

Anyway, RE5 could be with Skyfall, not far away...

We can bet on that.

I am already worrying to see TF3 facing Hobbit 3 in September 2014 ...

Anyway, RE5 could be with Skyfall, not far away...

of course you can bet on that, Bureaucracy knows those civilian just like sheep, they do not have the guts to stand up and against that filth poilcy

all those civilian need to do is watch no movie durning that domestic movie protection month---make sure those crapy movies bleed to white

then next time the bloody bureaucracy will think twice before carry out that policy

a bunch of brainless cowards, they are not even willing to take those simple actions . all they did are whining about this stupid policy on the internet and meanwhile gave their money to those shameless domestic film makers

Edited by rickfox

a bunch of brainless cowards, they are not even willing to take those simple actions .

You really think your average Chinaman has nothing better to do than to protest against US movies being released close to each other? What are you, 12? Because your last couple of posts here make you look like a total obnoxious retard.
  • Like 4

Yeah, absolutely no celebrating here ...Middle week projection for the full 2nd week:PROM 90M yuan +230% from 1 day openingTDKR 75M yuan -65%TASM 60M yuan -74%TE2 will easily win this week with around 130M.New projection for TASM total: right above $50M.

I am not happy

You really think your average Chinaman has nothing better to do than to protest against US movies being released close to each other? What are you, 12? Because your last couple of posts here make you look like a total obnoxious retard.

protest against US movies being released close to each other-----who said that policy is only about US movies being released close to each other ?

has nothing better to do than to protest ---- and you think people not to watch those domestic movies which they consider as crap is not a nature reaction but a protest ?

and what are you ? a real bitch?

Edited by rickfox

Hi chinese forumers, I write because the 14th september is going to release in china 秘鲁大冒险 (Tad, the last explorer), is the first time that a spanish film has a big release in China. (2500 cinemas says the press?

What do you expect about that film? I read that the kids are in the school in this moments..

http://movie.mtime.com/174592/

Edited by BCN

This may be a bummer to TASM total overseas box office gross, but for Dark Knight Rises isn't doesn't matter, at this point! The film has already grossed over 1 billion dollars at the box office and still growing week-to-week. TDKR now holds the title as the most successful Batman film ever! So, if the movie declines in China, it doesn't really matter. The film can't compete with Avengers, so fans have ultimately settled for second place (not a bad place to be standing). Of course, this is just my opinion.
  • Like 1