A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Deadpool & Wolverine- July 26

Ok, so another mate from China ... :)

no, i am not from china and i cant read a single chinesse character. :(

i must admit i forgot about BS. on the other hand, if titanic holds well i would say BS will have problems to find enough screens.

"Alien invasion film Battleship opened at midnight today in China, 18 Apr, two days before originally scheduled. It is itself struggling to secure screening slots from Titanic (1997), which had taken RMB467 million ($74.2 million) by Sunday night after just six days on release ."

Well, today it looks like 3-3,5 mil for Titanic and 1,5 mil for BS. (estimates acording to wanda tracking) . If i am correct then BS looks to collect 10-15 mil. for its first weekend and titanic will be 50 percent down (it will still cross 40 mil. for a 2nd week) in part because of less screencount?

It is shame that there is so little information about number of screens/copies. filmbiz.asia said:

"Including standard 2-D outings, and 2,400 3-D digital prints, Titanic was released on 3,500 theatres in China, giving a per screen average of $16,600." - Does it mean HR was right about the 2400 copies after all? 2400 3D copies and the rest to 4500 was 2D?

Edited by dezorz

no, i am not from china and i cant read a single chinesse character. :(

i must admit i forgot about BS. on the other hand, if titanic holds well i would say BS will have problems to find enough screens.

"Alien invasion film Battleship opened at midnight today in China, 18 Apr, two days before originally scheduled. It is itself struggling to secure screening slots from Titanic (1997), which had taken RMB467 million ($74.2 million) by Sunday night after just six days on release ."

Well, today it looks like 3-3,5 mil for Titanic and 1,5 mil for BS. (estimates acording to wanda tracking) . If i am correct then BS looks to collect 10-15 mil. for its first weekend and titanic will be 50 percent down (it will still cross 40 mil. for a 2nd week) in part because of less screencount?

It is shame that there is so little information about number of screens/copies. filmbiz.asia said:

"Including standard 2-D outings, and 2,400 3-D digital prints, Titanic was released on 3,500 theatres in China, giving a per screen average of $16,600." - Does it mean HR was right about the 2400 copies after all? 2400 3D copies and the rest to 4500 was 2D?

You figure out this yourself?

Amazing !

Titanic is such a monster. I can't believe it's pulling these types of figures on re-release. I haven't read the whole thread but is this the first time Titanic is being released in China?

No. TItanic was released in China in1998 and it remained the highest grossed film for 11 years until TF2 came in 2009.

This is very good, right?

Not really. 20M for 5 days is considered disappointed.

Man!... I've been told by the cinema that Battleship imax version won't be available this weekend because imax for Titanic still sells like hotcakes :( Really wanna see it in imax.

this is exactly what i tought might happen. if titanic is permorming better then BS it would be logical for chinese distributor not to reduce titanic screens. i was curious if it would happen this way, and here we are. :) anyway, titanic earned 7 mil. in chinese imaxes during the week, half of the whole imax titanic tictet revenues. (60s chinese imax theaters out of 400+ all imaxes and 50 percent revenue?great, isnt it) Edited by dezorz

No. TItanic was released in China in1998 and it remained the highest grossed film for 11 years until TF2 came in 2009.Not really. 20M for 5 days is considered disappointed.

Will it reach 50 mill on that OW??