A Marvel Fanboy

China Box Office Thread | Oppenheimer-August 30

Sam you are such a ray of sunshine! Honestly! So what do you think MOS's WW tally will be when all said and done?

Is that a compliment or an exasperated comment? :P Kekeke, kidding, thanks :DWell, I never had doubts about MOS passing 300M Dom even with last week's bad drop, I just thought it would get there later rather than sooner. I see about 305M domestically at the moment.As for overseas, I'm honestly not sure. The drops for MOS are all over the place, bad in some countries, decent in some, and pretty good in others. It opened to good numbers in Aus this week, I see a $25M+ finish, and that's great. From current markets, I think it could finish with total somewhere from 330-350.Brazil and Japan are kinda hard to predict. Brazil is the largest Latin America market and is also a superhero movies-friendly country, so I expect it to do good business over there. But I'm unsure whether the late release date could hurt it. 20M-25M is my guess, though I wouldn't be surprised with 30M. Hollywood movies are having a hard time doing big numbers in Japan, but IMO, Supes has a good release date over there. August is where most students/young adults, the primary target demo of MOS, are off. There are also national holidays that could help boost the gross. Many expected MOS to do about 15M in Japan, and that is a good start, but IMO, I would not be surprised if it passed IM3's 25M total. TA did 45M last year with that similar release date.So, all in all, 300M+ Dom, but OS is a toss up, it could fall short of 400M as well, but I'm thinking about 405M-410M. I believe in 700M :)

Sunday ReportTT 53.5M 263M yuanMOS 22.5M 291M yuanSTID 352m

Wow, only about 6% Sun drop for MOS. Is that good or expected for holdover? It looks great to me.

Is that a compliment or an exasperated comment? :P Kekeke, kidding, thanks :DWell, I never had doubts about MOS passing 300M Dom even with last week's bad drop, I just thought it would get there later rather than sooner. I see about 305M domestically at the moment.As for overseas, I'm honestly not sure. The drops for MOS are all over the place, bad in some countries, decent in some, and pretty good in others. It opened to good numbers in Aus this week, I see a $25M+ finish, and that's great. From current markets, I think it could finish with total somewhere from 330-350.Brazil and Japan are kinda hard to predict. Brazil is the largest Latin America market and is also a superhero movies-friendly country, so I expect it to do good business over there. But I'm unsure whether the late release date could hurt it. 20M-25M is my guess, though I wouldn't be surprised with 30M.Hollywood movies are having a hard time doing big numbers in Japan, but IMO, Supes has a good release date over there. August is where most students/young adults, the primary target demo of MOS, are off. There are also national holidays that could help boost the gross. Many expected MOS to do about 15M in Japan, and that is a good start, but IMO, I would not be surprised if it passed IM3's 25M total. TA did 45M last year with that similar release date.So, all in all, 300M+ Dom, but OS is a toss up, it could fall short of 400M as well, but I'm thinking about 405M-410M. I believe in 700M :)

No exasperation here my friend just a genuine thumbs up!  :D

I really like your numbers and if MOS manages 300 dom and 380 OS (double SR's OS take) then it would be a dream come true for me, but as you may have noticed by now I tend to lean towards the conservative side of things so I say 280 dom and 340 OS for an impressive 620 mill WW (impressive sum for any film reboot or not).

As for the remaining markets (Jap and Brazil) well superman is actually quite popular in Japan where SR did 11 mill back in 2006, so I think Japan's numbers will mirror SK's with a solid opening but a strong drop maybe a 15-18 mill final. Brazil is hard to predict, the country is currently facing quite abit of political crisis (although it should be eased off with Brazil winning the confederations cup today, man what a game that was!!) not to mention that MOS is being released at same time as the lone ranger, which is bound to affect the box office considerably; still I say double SR's figures are doable (i.e. 17mill).

Olive what's your prediction for MOS's final tally in china?