Impact

List of directors who have done 4 or more films to a franchise

Okay by the time the last Hobbit will come out-Jackson will have 6 films for a franchise. Currently he has 3 films to a franchise though. Now the only one I have found with more then 4 is *drumroll please*John Cherry for Ernest-5 films :P :lol:I am leaving out anyone who did DTV franchises as those are a bit difrent.Edit: Blake Edwards is on top now with Pink Panther-though I am trying to not include older franchises, but yeah I am for this.8:Blake Edwards-Pink Panther5 films:John Cherry-ErnestJohn Glenn-Bond4 films:Steven Spielberg-IndyGeorge Lucas-Star WarsDavid Yates-HPSylvester Stallone-RockyGuy Hamilton-BondRobert Rodriguez-Spy KidsI'm know there has to be more. (Of course there are those who did serials back in the 30s/40s but yeah...or ones who did horror franchises in the 30s/40s/50s)

Edited by Impact

Add John Glen to 5 for James Bond:

For Your Eyes Only

Octopussy

A View to a Kill

The Living Daylights

Licence to Kill

Guy Hamilton , 4 James Bond:

Goldfinger

Diamonds are Forever

Live and Let Die

The Man with the Golden Gun

Blake Edwards is in a class by himself:

8 Pink Panther films

A Shot in the Dark

The Pink Panther

Return of the Pink Panther

The Pink Panther Strikes Again

Revenge of the Pink Panther

Trail of the Pink Panther

Curse of the Pink Panther

Son of the Pink Panther

Ha ha so true. :PI tried to not include older franchises though as back then it was a bit diffrent for directors directing films.

How was it "different"? If anything it was harder because green/blue screen wasn't there for a lot of location shots. CGI wasn't an "out", you had to actually film and setup any SFX. And the Pink Panther required much of that.The Pink Panther was really the Bond of comedies when you consider how many films there were and the globe trotting aspect.

Actually it was more due to how one had a contract with a certain studio so they did more films under a studio and you will notice the same cast in tons of there films back then.(And sequels are nothing new. Of course there has been nothing truly original since who knows when also :P:lol:)

Actually it was more due to how one had a contract with a certain studio so they did more films under a studio and you will notice the same cast in tons of there films back then.(And sequels are nothing new. Of course there has been nothing truly original since who knows when also :P:lol:)

I see. Yeah, there was also much more respect for Director's properties as well. What happened with Richard Donner was an exception to the rule way back when. Even though MGM had the rights, The Pink Panther was Blake Edwards' baby until he stopped making them. And even then, they brought him back for Son of... Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™

Oh yeah Donner directed all 4 LW's didn't he?

Indeed. Which proves his beef was with the Salkinds(Producers of the Reeve Superman series), not WB.

Which makes me realize that what happened with T3 would never have happened in the old days. Terminator was Cameron's baby, they should have never made another without him.

Edited by Accursed Arachnid!™