kayumanggi

PHILIPPINES BOX OFFICE thread​ | INSIDE OUT II breaks records. Only the last two AVENGERS movies opened bigger on opening day. But can it beat FROZEN II's total?

8 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Without any doubt, Deleter is my 1st Choice.

But, I haven't seen any of the top 2, how about you?

I'm actually still thinking. 😅 Those two are my choices. SM closes at 7 pm today so the showtimes will be affected, I think. I need to go home early before the craziness prevents me from finding a ride later.

23 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

4-Days Total

#1 Partners in Crime - ₱86M

#2 Deleter - ₱58M

#3 Family Matters - ₱32M

6-Days Total

#1 Deleter - ₱121M

#2 Partners in Crime - ₱101M

#3 Family Matters - ₱40M

Deleter just exploded in Box Office!! Partners in Crime's BO just got crashed (Only ₱15M in THU &FRI). Family Matters holding well! MMFF 2022 is still behind pre-pandemic level. Doubtful to reach ₱500M for all films combine but yet hugely out-performed 2020/2021 edition.

2 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

6-Days Total

#1 Deleter - ₱121M

#3 Family Matters - ₱40M

Deleter just exploded in Box Office!! Partners in Crime's BO just got crashed (Only ₱15M in THU &FRI). Family Matters holding well! MMFF 2022 is still behind pre-pandemic level. Doubtful to reach ₱500M for all films combine but yet hugely out-performed 2020/2021 edition.

I think it's because Partners in Crime has lost a lot of cinemas. In SM North, Deleter has 4 while Partners in Crime only has 1. In SM Fairview, Deleter has 3 while NONE for Partners in Crime.

6 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Thanks for the clarification! :)

Well, Unofficial Figures were just keeping it too high. I doubt if it has crossed ₱100M on FRI, rather on THU

Happy New Year!! Wishing You Another Year full of joy and happiness!! Also do forward my wishes to your loved/closed one!! 

But why is that? If these two are the top grossers, why pull one movie out? Is that the decision of SM?

Happy New Year too, by the way. I hope 2023 is better for all of us this time. Have a great moviewatching and box office tracking this year!

55 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

Both Films are from same distributor - Viva Films. I doubt that it's something to do with Awards winning &nomination. Clearly, Viva would want Deleter to have more exposure with multiple wins rather than Partner in Crime with no wins &just only two nomination. But, sudden removal is still a bad faith.

Even SM's Twitter account mostly just promotes Deleter. It's like a tweet after tweet after tweet. 😅 I have nothing against Deleter and I am not really a big fan of Vice, but I just thought what's happening to Partners in Crime is weird. Well, the MMFF this year is a start towards recovery. I hope we get a better slate and box office next year.

Edited by kayumanggi

On 1/1/2023 at 8:19 AM, Issac Newton said:

6-Days Total

#1 Deleter - ₱121M

#3 Family Matters - ₱40M

Others-

#4. Labyu With An Accent – ₱13.5M

#5. My Teacher – ₱8.7M

#6. Nanahimik ang Gabi – ₱3.7M

#7. Mamasapano – ₱2.7M

#8. My Father, Myself – ₱2.4M

I was in circuit mall last Sunday and checked the cinema out of curiosity in the early afternoon. Seats around half full for Partners in Crime and Deleter on an early afternoon. Labyu with an accent 1/4th full Nanahimik ang Gabi almost empty

Anecdotal but In my social feeds Deleter is the one with the most buzz I feel 

Family Matters is the one I'm most interested in seeing. 

My brother in law and his family were planning to watch Avatar last Jan 1 but when they saw it wasn't showing asked me which MMFF entry would be nice to watch instead. I told him Avatar was coming back on January 8 and convinced to just wait instead. I'm so orry MMFF 

• Thanks 1
  • Disbelief 1

MMFF 2022 - ₱502.5M

Finally, it reach the target of ₱500M as set by MMDA.

Top Titles Of MMFF 2022 -

1. Deleter - ₱234M
  2. Partners In Crime - ₱168M
  3. Family Matters - ₱56M
  4. Labyu With Accent - ₱19M
  5. My Teacher - ₱12M
  6. Nanahimik Ang Gabi - ₱7M
  7. Mamasapano - ₱5M
  8. My Father Myself - ₱1.5M (revised downwards)

Deleter is now the "highest grossing horror MMFF entry of all time", and now poised to become the "highest grossing Filipino horror film of all time", beating Feng Shui 2.

Partners In Crime is Vice's lowest earning movie after 11 years - one word "unexpected"

2022 Top Grossers - local

1. Maid In Malacañang (No.1 incl. Imported Works)
  2. Deleter
  3. Partners In Crime
  4. Family Matters
  5. An Inconvenient Love

AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER's 4th weekend increased by 80.9%.

1 / It had just been playing in PLFs, mostly in IMAX, from December 25 to January 7 due to a local film festival where no foreign releases were allowed.

2 / The increase mostly came from January 8, the day it came back to theaters, which is amazing since it's just one day.

3 / The movie has now made $7,996,504 and definitely has crossed the $8 million mark.

4 / It's now the 3rd biggest grossing movie of 2022 and will soon pass THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER to be the 2nd biggest. DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS remains number one. Had it not been for the aforementioned local movie festival, this could have been the biggest movie of 2022.

5 / THE WAY OF WATER has also outgrossed the original AVATAR ($5,956,400), which was also affected by the said festival in 2009 and 2010.

• Like 4

3 minutes ago, kayumanggi said:

AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER's 4th weekend increased by 80.9%.

1 / It had just been playing in PLFs, mostly in IMAX, from December 25 to January 7 due to a local film festival where no foreign releases were allowed.

2 / The increase mostly came from January 8, the day it came back to theaters, which is amazing since it's just one day.

3 / The movie has now made $7,996,504 and definitely has crossed the $8 million mark.

4 / It's now the 3rd biggest grossing movie of 2022 and will soon pass THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER to be the 2nd biggest. DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS remains number one. Had it not been for the aforementioned local movie festival, this could have been the biggest movie of 2022.

5 / THE WAY OF WATER has also outgrossed the original AVATAR ($5,956,400), which was also affected by the said festival in 2009 and 2010.

I remeber the local movie is the highest grossing film of the year,not MOM

Think Avatar will doing great after coming back to cinema

Edited by Bruce

Top Hollywood movies of 2022 (only movies that made $1M or more are included)

1 / $12,121,660 / DOCTOR STRANGE IN THE MULTIVERSE OF MADNESS

2 / $08,092,798 / THOR: LOVE AND THUNDER

3 / $07,996,504 / AVATAR: THE WAY OF WATER

4 / $06,869,368 / BLACK PANTHER: WAKANDA FOREVER

5 / $04,544,231 / JURASSIC WORLD: DOMINION

6 / $03,412,701 / TOP GUN: MAVERICK

7 / $02,118,212 / MINIONS: THE RISE OF GRU

Edited by kayumanggi

2 minutes ago, Bruce said:

I remeber the local movie is the highest grossing film of the year,not MOM

Think Avatar will doing great after coming back to cinema

Ah, the list is just for Hollywood movies since their figures are readily available from BOM. The gross of that local movie is questionable anyway, but yes, it's number one.

5 minutes ago, Bruce said:

750m pesos I think

There's more to it than meets the eye. I do not believe the money it made was actually from the people's pockets. Life was so hard that time, people would not prioritize a movie over food on the table. Politics was involved. Free tickets were distributed. I thought cinemas were paid whether there were audiences or not. This was explained by the fact that the movie stayed in theaters even though no one was watching. If that was the case for a usual Hollywood movie, it would be pulled out from cinemas for not making money.

https://forums.boxofficetheory.com/topic/740-philippines-avatar-the-way-of-water-is-now-the-second-biggest-film-of-2022/?do=findComment&comment=4436220

But of course there's no way for me to prove this, but since it's a government propaganda movie, I don't trust the numbers they've reported.

Edited by kayumanggi

2022 Top Grossers - local

1. Maid In Malacañang - ₱‎756,089,134
  2. Deleter - ₱‎243,451,005
  3. Partners In Crime - ₱‎171,008,100
  4. Family Matters - ₱‎57,127,234
  5. An Inconvenient Love - ₱‎41,213,008
  6. Labyu With Accent - ₱‎19,988,230
  7. My Teacher - ₱‎12,347,000
  8. Nanahimik Ang Gabi - ₱‎7,000,150
  9. Mamasapano - ₱‎4,997,020
  10. Expensive Candy - ₱‎4,978,128

2022 MMFF Winner Deleter is now the highest grossing Filipino Horror film of All-time surpassing the 8 year reign of Star Cinema's Feng Shui 2.

All of Vice Ganda's 12 Star-ing film surpassed the ₱‎100M Mark, which is making her the Biggest Grossing Filipino Movie Star with an est. ₱‎4.5B.

Along with Domestic Charts, Maid In Malacañang is 2022 Biggest Overseas Filipino Film with $3M and US being the biggest Overseas Market with $1,729,579 (as of 9/11). 

All numbers as of 1/8.

• Like 2