Walt Disney

Official Box Office Magazine's Top 25 Scores of all-time

Tonight, I am proud to present the top 25 Scores in the history of film. I would like to thank everyone that voted for the top 25 Scores of all-time. Also, I would like to thank everyone who voted to help us break the ties.

Here are the 25 Film Score of all-time. The number next to them is their point total. If you see a decimal point, that indicates that the Score was in a tie-breaker.

[*]Star Wars (Composed by John Williams) -209

[*]Raiders of the Lost Ark (Composed by John Williams) -170

[*]Lord of the Rings: The Fellowship of the Rings (Composed by Howard Shore) - 156

[*]The Empire Strikes Back (Composed by John Williams) -134

[*]Titanic (Composed by James Horner) -114

[*]Back to the Future (Composed by Alan Silvestri) -106

[*]Jurassic Park (Composed by John Williams) -103

[*]Superman (Composed by John Williams) -96

[*]E.T. the Extra-Terrestrial (Composed by John Williams) -80

[*]The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly (Composed by Ennio Morricone) -74

[*]Rocky (Composed by Bill Conti) -71

[*]Lord of the Rings: The Two Towers (Composed by Howard Shore) -70

[*]Blade Runner (Composed by Vangelis) -64

[*]Gladiator (Composed by Hans Zimmer) -61.5

[*]Inception (Composed by Hans Zimmer) -61

[*]Once Upon a Time in the West (Composed by Ennio Morricone) -58

[*]The Social Network (Composed by Trent Reznor and Atticus Ross) -56

[*]Jaws (Composed by John Williams) -50

[*]Chinatown (Composed by Jerry Goldsmith) -49

[*]Batman (Composed by Danny Elfman) -48

[*]Halloween (Composed by John Carpenter) -46

[*]The Last of the Mohicans (Composed by Randy Edelman and Trevor Jones) -45

[*]The Terminator (Composed by Brad Fiedel) -43

[*]The Lion King (Composed by Hans Zimmer) -42.75

[*]Star Wars Episode I: The Phantom Menace (Composed by John Williams) -42.5

Edited by Walt Disney
  • Like 3

Before we begin, I would just like to say that the voter turn out was great. However, there are a lot of different opinions on which Scores are truly the greatest. These different opinions created a lot of very close races.I chose not to expand this contest to a top 50 because I felt it would limit the amount of people that voted. I wanted a number that encouraged participation. This turned out to be a good decision because we had a good voter turn out. Every Score that made this list was voted on by atleast 2 people.The top 25 list surprised me. There were some truly great Scores that missed the list entirely. There were also some Scores that made the list which I didn't think would garner the support that they did. Ultimately, this list belongs to the members of Box Office Magazine, as you guys are the ones who determined the list.I am sure there will be some controversy about this list and debates about some of the Scores that made the list.

• Like 1

I'm so glad you are ready to present.....but sadly I might not make it by tonight. Sorry Walt. Wednesday is Survivor night and then I'm off to bed kind of early (4AM comes quick).I will definitely come back and check it out tomorrow.Congrats on all your hard work.

• Like 1