baumer

The Hulk (2003)

16 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Definitely underrated, but oh so easy to make fun of. Solid B from me. I like/dislike both Hulk films for different reasons. At least this Hulk doesn't leave me with a splitting headache.

I loved the editing, gave it some style that most comic-book movies lack these days and while it was a bit too long and the dialogue was clunky at times, it is a really well-made movie with good story and characters. Doesn't deserve the hate at all.

8/10

Some time ago, in this forum, I said that this was just a failed, albeit interesting, experiment. Or something to those effects.

I take that back.

After watching it again, I legit think this is a very good movie, definitely top 10 superhero films.

I miss the days when comic books films had flair and ambition. When they were directed by people with actual talent rather than just competent executers.

85/100

Also, how the hell did this 140m (180m adjusted) Hulk ever got greenlighted?

On 4/29/2015 at 10:21 AM, DAR said:

I really don't like this film. I like Bana but he's just a dull character. Nolte is fun, but I can never make heads or tales of that final battle. D

This.

There were a few scenes where it was exhilarating. But most of it was a gooey mess.