Dementeleus

Weekend numbers thread (close between TH and DU 31.5-31 so far)

This isn't RTM, this is a numbers thread. Baumer deserves credit for his general prediction; so does Alpha. TH1 wins the weekend (solid enough), DJANGO's performing great and sold more admissions.Done.

Alpha deserves credit for outannoying iJack. That`s all.

Nah, just a thoroughly meh film (artistically, financially, critically) that will fail to do many of the things that Mizheads overzelaously predicted, like 200 million in the USA, outgrossing MM! worldwide, becoming a four quadrant hit that everybody(not just LM fans) loves, being a critically beloved across the board smash, and becoming an Oscar behemoth. Most of all, contrary to what most fans predicted, this is not shaping up to be the buzzy, must-see Christmas event that hype tried it to make it.

I actually read some comparisons to Titanic. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: For real.

I actually read some comparisons to Titanic. :rofl: :rofl: :rofl: For real.

I guess thats why films like TH1 are considered flops. Because all the extremists on the site post above $600M predicts. I was accurate with a $330M finish for TH1, and even then people called me crazy :P

Lincoln's run is just fantastic and SLP is finally starting to get out from under the rock Weinstein put on it. $50m should definitely happen some time after the nominations.

Its PTA actually went up from last weekend, despite an increase in over 350 theaters...Shows some good signs of endurance.I'm so happy that its not under the radar...I guess keeping it in 371 theaters helped build great WOM.

Not yet. Not a chance of me getting to a theater soon. Hoping I get the screener so I can see it before too long.

What, you are in the industry?

Or maybe he would've made much worse films, you wouldn't know.I noticed a lot people here make up their minds about movies without even watching them. :wacko:

I don`t think that GdT would have made as safe and bland movie as PJ did. So from that perspective, maybe PJ involvement was better because he didn`t do anything to piss off fans. The movie was as safe as it gets. He even Aragornized Thorin and promoted him into a bigger lead than Bilbo because Aragorn was fanboy`s favorite character. So that was big pandering to fans. GdT might have tried to shake things up a bit especially in design department which would`ve pissed off everyone who wanted status quo even if it resulted in a far lesser product. Edited by fishnets

Look back in the top ten of 2012 predictions thread and watch the Hobbit predictions, some of which were over 500 million, and most of which were over 400. Compared to those expectations, it's a certain disappointment. But compared to pre release hype, reviews, and market competition, it's still certainly doing solid for itself. It's just that if you said these numbers were 'solid' six months ago, Hobbit fans would call you a hater or loon.