Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

Last night I had this crazy dream that we found out the true reason to why Snow White was nominated:

Someone hacked into the Oscar nominations that was a huge Snow White fan and managed to get it nominated.

Remember the votes are online now....

For the first time I'm watching the Oscars with my father this year. He has never seen an Oscar ceremony. 

I cant wait to comment live on Oscar night

Isn't it over at like, 7am in Finland. Christ....

Not sure I'll watch this year. Sounds totally padded with pointless shit to me. Tributes to James Bond, tributes to musicals blah, blah, blah.

It'll probably cross 4 hours this year, and could challenge ABM's year's record of longest Oscar ceremony of 4 hours and 23 minutes. (I think this is the record, and the length. I'm on my phone so I can't check) The producers have said that this show has the most amount of performances and etc.  ever for an Oscar ceremony. It'll be a very long night but it should be very good. Lots of showtunes, and a big celebration of musicals. 

And just a fun fact. The producers of this show also produced Chicago however they weren't on the official nominee list for Chicago and didn't get their statuettes. And now they get to turn the Oscars into a big Musical tribute. 

I have watched them all since 1993. Even the bad Whoopi, Letterman and John Stewart ones :P

Now some speeches are just too long. (Sean Penn comes to mind)

Anyway-just one week left.

I thought the Jon Stewart ones were great. He was an awesome host.

Anyway, I've watched a few times but in recent years I can't usually be bothered. Sleep through it and watch some of the speeches from the winners I care about on youtube in the morning.