Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

He's a pretty good singer, actually. He has kind of a cool 50's crooner voice. I just hope there's not too much singing, those parts usually suck

Oh, there shall be A LOT of singing. There's gonna be a big musicals tribute for Chicago, Dreamgirls and Les Mis! I don't know why, but still that's  gonna be a thing!

I see it more as a result of that torture bullshit, but mainly the Academy wanting to get another Jew in there.

Benh Zeitlin got it because he's half-Jewish. There, I said it..

I knew there was something weird when I read this. I finally figured it out. Yeah, Zeitlin's Jewish, but they didn't need to push a Jew into the category. The most prominent person in the category's Jewish. Spielberg.

I knew there was something weird when I read this. I finally figured it out. Yeah, Zeitlin's Jewish, but they didn't need to push a Jew into the category. The most prominent person in the category's Jewish. Spielberg.

Wow, that's from over a month ago...

Oh, there shall be A LOT of singing. There's gonna be a big musicals tribute for Chicago, Dreamgirls and Les Mis! I don't know why, but still that's  gonna be a thing!

I personally can't wait. I wonder if they'll do a Mamma Mia tribute actually..... They were gonna do it during the Slumdog ceremony but Meryl didn't sign on to do it so it was scrapped. 

I personally can't wait. I wonder if they'll do a Mamma Mia tribute actually..... They were gonna do it during the Slumdog ceremony but Meryl didn't sign on to do it so it was scrapped. 

Mamma Mia is a pretty bad movie.. doesn't deserve a tribute

Mamma Mia is a pretty bad movie.. doesn't deserve a tribute

Well it was a huge financial success, biggest musical of all time WW. It took down Titanic in the UK and was the highest grossing film by a female director until Kung Fu Panda 2. 

And, it's also a chance to get Meryl Streep singing on stage in front of an audience of 30+ million people. It could be the start of her next Oscar campaign. 

Well it was a huge financial success, biggest musical of all time WW. It took down Titanic in the UK and was the highest grossing film by a female director until Kung Fu Panda 2. 

And, it's also a chance to get Meryl Streep singing on stage in front of an audience of 30+ million people. It could be the start of her next Oscar campaign. 

As much as the Streep fanboy in you really, really wants this to happen I don't think you should get your hopes up.

As much as the Streep fanboy in you really, really wants this to happen I don't think you should get your hopes up.

I know. She doesn't like doing this type of stuff. But, on the brightside she's presenting her first competitive acting award this year.  :D

Edited by riczhang

I love how tight the Screenplay races seem to be. I'm still picking Haneke for Original. Adapted is tougher, though. I've been predicting Kushner for months, but Terrio has probably taken the lead. Decisions, decisions. 

And don't forget SLP. That could possibly win as well. Haneke will probably win for Original though. The BAFTAs liked Django more than the AMPAS did judging by the Tarantino nod. 

Yep, ,people old enough to have parents who lived Lincoln's era and children forced by their teacher to do some homework on the film.

Lincoln, the movie will make history on Oscar night because it will be the first time an actor is winning best actor in a leading role for playing a superhero ( the first REAL Avenger).

Congrats !

1... 2... 3..  :rolleyes: