Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

BTW-I was thinking about how if there were 10 noms in some years films like Amile and Pan's Labrynt would of been nominated...yet both lost foriegn film. Just something I throw out on the off chance it loses.(I still want No to win just to hear "And the winner is.......NOOOOO!")

:lol: that'd be like the year Canada's Water got nominated. It was honestly the funniest nominee of the night, because you heard them say, "And from Canada, Water." Which is ironically true in a way. :lol:

On a serious note with Amour it got Director, Acting, and Screenplay. No film that's been nominated for Director has lost Foreign Language if it had been nominated except for Seven Beauties in 1976. 

Yes but I figured I just point that out really quick, not saying it will lose but surprises do happen.I remember last year when Natalie Portman said Gary Oldman's character was George Smiley I just started bursting out laughing. I was going "Really, I have to take a film seriously with a name like that as the main character???"

And one thing about why SLP is likely to win at least one acting:Only one film has been nominated for all 4 acting noms and failed to win a single Oscar, it was something from the 30s (I think it was Love Parade), and the only one not to be nominated for picture.I think it will win actress and that is it though.

? That was from 2006, so what film was the one you were talking about that lost?

I know. It won over Le Scaphandre et le Papillon. Diving Bell and the Butterfly. Schanbel created a masterpiece and it lost to fucking Lives of Others. 

Can you guys shut the fuck up about DeNiro crying? I'm not a big fan of SLP (it's fine) but DeNiro's performance in that film was immensely sincere. 

Look, this guy is a legend and has been in some of the best films of all time, and him breaking down on Katie Couric did not seem fake at all. This film obviously meant a lot to him, and I'm disgusted at how some of you are laughing at him (Jack Off). One day, if you're ever famous and are suddenly overcome with emotion by an unexpected question, I hope no one makes fun of you for it. Ridiculous. 

• Like 2

And one thing about why SLP is likely to win at least one acting:Only one film has been nominated for all 4 acting noms and failed to win a single Oscar, it was something from the 30s (I think it was Love Parade), and the only one not to be nominated for picture.I think it will win actress and that is it though.

I have it winning in Supporting Actor. I really think Supporting actor will happen. He's overdue. And, there's no clear competition in the category, no clear choice of a frontrunner, or the who to vote for if you don't want the runner-up to win. I think he'll pull it off. 

I'm second guessing myself in animated. I was championing Wreck-It Ralph, being the only nominee I didn't strongly dislike, all season and am still predicting it. But, the recent surge for Brave made me rethink my prediction. I think that however, since the surge came a little late and voting closed 5 hours ago it probably wasn't long enough for Brave to overturn Ralph. However, I'm fairly sure that ever vote Brave gains it'll be mostly at Ralph's expense. So, I'm beginning to lean towards Frankenweenie as Brave and Ralph split the votes. 

Either of those 2 and I will be happy. Its not like when Cra...I mean Happy Feet won :PHow about score? I think Pi could win that or Lincoln. I don't think Skyfall will-great film and rewatched it today but the score felt too much of the classic Bond theme. (Brave should of been nominated there)