Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

I tested myself with something. On the 8th, I turned in oscar predictions for beat ebert's thing and at awards daily. Reason why i did that was to see if I felt the same way as I do now. Back then I predicted SLP. And Right now, I am back predicting SLP for BP. It'll probably be wrong but I am having trouble with Argo. It seems everyone is doing the Argo/Ang Lee split. But I don't see Life of Pi tearing p the Oscars like others since it did not light the world on fire at the guilds or at BAFTA. I mean it wa snot facing Argo yet only got 2 measly awards at BAFTA. And if I would have kept Argo then Skyfall would lead wins with 4 and that ain't gonna happen, so pretty much the only thing that makes sense to me is for SLP to get 5 including BP and AS. It probably won't happen but I don't think I would ever be able to get over it if I didn't predict it and it happened. 

For though "Argo" is undeniably an accomplished piece of work, there was a time within the memory of those living when turning out films like this was what the studios did for a living. It used to be that smart, entertaining adult vehicles like "Argo" were simply business as usual for Hollywood, the bread and butter of a busy industry that consistently delivered adult entertainments in genres without number. In those days a film like "Argo" would in no way stand out far enough from the crowd to be the favorite for the best picture Oscar.

Isn't one of the reasons Argo received so much praise when it first opened was that it was a throwback to the great 70's thrillers? That Hollywood doesn't make movies like it anymore?

I tested myself with something. On the 8th, I turned in oscar predictions for beat ebert's thing and at awards daily. Reason why i did that was to see if I felt the same way as I do now. Back then I predicted SLP. And Right now, I am back predicting SLP for BP. It'll probably be wrong but I am having trouble with Argo. It seems everyone is doing the Argo/Ang Lee split. But I don't see Life of Pi tearing p the Oscars like others since it did not light the world on fire at the guilds or at BAFTA. I mean it wa snot facing Argo yet only got 2 measly awards at BAFTA. And if I would have kept Argo then Skyfall would lead wins with 4 and that ain't gonna happen, so pretty much the only thing that makes sense to me is for SLP to get 5 including BP and AS. It probably won't happen but I don't think I would ever be able to get over it if I didn't predict it and it happened.

I'm not counting out a huge night for SLP, but I'm just being safe with my picks. I do think it could win actress BSA director and screenplay if things go really well. If it gets at least 2 of those, bp is not out of the question.

I don't see how Russell takes Screenplay from Terrio or Kushner, but if he does, look out.

It's not totally out if the question cause he's won some earlier awards. I just have that gut feeling the academy is still on the SLP bandwagon. It's still gonna be a great night with whatever wins tomorrow. Edited by acsc1312