Jack Nevada

85th Academy Awards (24/2/13) Official Thread- TONIGHT!! NOMINEES IN THE FIRST POST

• Founder / Operator

An article I just saw: "Backslahs over Hathaway's speech"Wow really-an article before it even happens?

Yeah. I get that some don't like acceptance speeches, but there seems to be an ugly mean streak when it comes to critiquing her for not being genuine.

God bless the Internet, right?

:mellow:

It's nothing compare to the Hathahaters article some new company ran a few months ago. I couldn't tell if it was jealous, deluded, or what. I practically burst out laughing at that, it was so sad and pathetic. :lol:But yeah, Arm Chair critics are getting out of control.

Edited by riczhang
  • Like 1

My thoughts on the movie:

I want need to see

Hitchcock - It's not a very good movie, but it's a huge guilty pleasure 

Impossible - Kinda emotionally manipulative, but I still like it. It's a fairly well made movie. Nanny is fantastic

The Gatekeeper - I suppose it's good, but I didn't really like it that much. 

Royal Affair - I love, love, love, love it. BP worthy. 

The Master - It's very good

War Witch - Depressing as fuck, I could barely sit through this

Kon-Tiki - Beautiful to look at, but uneven. 

No - It's fine, but kinda uneven like Kon-Tiki

SLP independent? :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:

Don't get me started on that. It doesn't even fit the budgetary requirements. It's just like how Harvey managed to convince people that Artist, and My Week with Marilyn were "American" films so they could compete in the Indie Spirits.  :sick:

Rewatching last year's ceremony as I always do the night before the Oscars, and I just got to the part where Meryl won.  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:  It still tears me up a little bit every time I see it. Still doesn't feel real yet, 3 time Academy Award Winner Meryl Streep. I just love the sound of that. 

Rewatching last year's ceremony as I always do the night before the Oscars, and I just got to the part where Meryl won.  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:  :worthy:  It still tears me up a little bit every time I see it. Still doesn't feel real yet, 3 time Academy Award Winner Meryl Streep. I just love the sound of that. 

Good for her, but it's unfortunate she won for such a lackluster film.

Oh goody another performance. So the show looks as if it's gonna wrap up at around the 8 hour mark now, right?

I think the show will definitely be the longest ever now. No musical numbers results in a show about 3.25 hours long. The performances are probably gonna add at least another hour to the show. I'm not complaining though. 

I think you a small crush on Merly Streep. You are one biggest fanboys.