filmnerdjamie

Tuesday Numbers (01/08)

I just found this

"...Rumors persist that the initial two-part film cost around $500 million to make, while the third part will cost significantly less -- roughly $125 - $150 million -- since much of the technological groundwork has already been laid, according to The Hollywood Reporter. It's a hefty investment for the multiple parities, but one that the execs believe will pay off..."

http://www.hitfix.co...ipt-or-a-budget

Still... That means somewhere around 900M budget with marketing. That's too much for a trilogy. I mean, Jackson made LOTR trilogy with around 250M ($78M each movie - no marketing). That's a x3 jump.

Still... That means somewhere around 900M budget with marketing. That's too much for a trilogy. I mean, Jackson made LOTR trilogy with around 250M ($78M each movie - no marketing). That's a x3 jump.

I thought it was around 93M per movie.

Will I cry at some point?

No, but you'll kinda feel like after the movie that you've been kinda run over and had a bit of your soul ripped out. It is a slow movie and requires patience but it is an extremely rewarding journey.And I love how the daily numbers thread is once again derailed. :lol:

No, but you'll kinda feel like after the movie that you've been kinda run over and had a bit of your soul ripped out. It is a slow movie and requires patience but it is an extremely rewarding journey.

Yeah, I'm sorry but if its one of those movies that make you feel like shit for the whole week i wont watch it.

Hitchcock was a bit of a let down. It felt Made-For-TV for me. And Anthony Hopkins almost ruined the whole thing. His performance is nothing short of irritating.

I liked the performances immensely. The movie was good but not great.

And Helen Mirren was good, but I thought it was just Mirren on auto-pilot. Her character was a cardboard cut out.Naomi Watts in The Impossible is one of the best performances I have ever seen. She was incredible. She should win, although I haven't seen Zero Dark Thirty yet, because it doesn't interest me.