BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

90% higher than first Friday for 8AV? Correct me if I am wrong but that would be even bigger than second Friday, isn't it? In that case, what could we see this weekend, 5 million €? :o With that result, this could definitely reach LOTR franchise and rank #4 all time (just behind Avatar, The Impossible and Titanic). And after this, who knows where it can land...

• Like 1

Everything seems to be in favor of 8 apellidos vascos: next 3 days (Mon-Wed) will be celebrated another Fiesta del CIne, with 2.90 € tickets in 3,000 screens in the whole country. 2 million people have already registered to go to theaters in next 3 days (it is necessary a previous registration). It is not crazy to think that maybe 600 or 700k of those people will see 8AV...

• Like 1

Everything seems to be in favor of 8 apellidos vascos: next 3 days (Mon-Wed) will be celebrated another Fiesta del CIne, with 2.90 € tickets in 3,000 screens in the whole country. 2 million people have already registered to go to theaters in next 3 days (it is necessary a previous registration). It is not crazy to think that maybe 600 or 700k of those people will see 8AV...

And going to the movies is the perfect plan for this rainy Sunday with no important football matches to watch on TV...
  • Like 1

Weekend estimates, best weekend of the year 11M€

8 Apellidos vascos  5,1M€ (7M$) +16% Total:  16M€  (22M$)

Captain America 2 2M€ (2,8M$) +14% Captain America 1

Peabody & Sherman  0,9M€ (-20%)

Hotel Budapest  0,6ME€ (-20%)

302 0.28M€ (-50%)

Edited by BCN
  • Like 3

Weekend estimates, best weekend of the year 11M€ 8 Apellidos vascos  5,1M€ (7M$) +16% Total:  16M€  (22M$)Captain America 2 2M€ (2,8M$) -14% Captain America 1Peabody & Sherman  0,9M€ (-20%)Hotel Budapest  0,6ME€ (-20%)302 0.28M€ (-50%)

According to BOM The First Avenger did $2.5 during its opening weekend
  • Like 1

Some considerations about 8AV (every number come BOM):

- Last movie which did more than 7 million $ at third weekend was Avatar (9.6 million). In fact, I do not remember another movie with a better third weekend.

- The Impossible "only" did 5.8 million $, with 34 million $ cume. Since 3rd weekend it did another 20 million $.

- Both movies dropped at third weekend but 8AV has risen again (although I am conscious that both The Impossible and Avatar came from two enormous 2 first weekends).

- Last year, Spain box office was about 700 million $ cume, so 8AV has made 1% of that amount at 3rd weekend. If we make the same calculation in US, we would be talking about a 109 million $ 3rd weekend.

- With The Impossible legs from this point, it would finish with 46 million $ (33.5 million €, #4 all time, over ROTK). With Avatar legs, it would finish with 65 million $ (47 million €, #2 all time). IMHO, it will land somewhere between both scenarios.

• Like 2