BCN

TAQUILLA | Spain Boxoffice

Ocho Apellidos Vascos did almost €43m ($59.5) as of Yesterday. It passed The Impossible to become the most successful spanish movie ever!!!!

Considering last Sunday it was at 38.5 million (if I am not wrong) it means it has done about 4.5 milion € in the whole week. Maybe another million today. Previous week it did about 8 million, so about 30% drop (3 million weekend)

• Like 1

Considering last Sunday it was at 38.5 million (if I am not wrong) it means it has done about 4.5 milion € in the whole week. Maybe another million today. Previous week it did about 8 million, so about 30% drop (3 million weekend)

Dropping only 30% the week after Easter is pretty good!!! In Latin America all the movies are falling around 60-70% this weekend

Ocho Apellidos Vascos $4.7m weekend, $59.7m total.

With 1.38$=1€, it means:

7th wknd: 3,525,705 € (414,512 adm) - 57,175,098 € (7,268,694 adm) - 12% drop

8th wknd: 2,983,405 € (343,500 adm) - 61,322,243 € (7,746,197 adm) - 15% drop

8 apellidos vascos:

7th wknd: 3,400,000 € (about 475,000 adm) - 43,260,000 € (about 7,000,000 adm) - 23% drop

8th wknd: ???

Very similar weekend than Avatar's 7th weekend in gross, but higher in admissions. And very similar total number of admissions at the same point. Avatar sold 9.5 million. I see it tough to reach it, but who knows... That amount of admissions would mean over 60 million €. Absolutely awesome.

Edited by peludo
  • Like 1

With 1.38$=1€, it means: Avatar:7th wknd: 3,525,705 € (414,512 adm) - 57,175,098 € (7,268,694 adm) - 12% drop8th wknd: 2,983,405 € (343,500 adm) - 61,322,243 € (7,746,197 adm) - 15% drop 8 apellidos vascos:7th wknd: 3,400,000 € (about 475,000 adm) - 43,260,000 € (about 7,000,000 adm) - 23% drop8th wknd: ??? Very similar weekend than Avatar's 7th weekend in gross, but higher in admissions. And very similar total number of admissions at the same point. Avatar sold 9.5 million. I see it tough to reach it, but who knows... That amount of admissions would mean over 60 million €. Absolutely awesome.

And next Thursday holiday again!!! ;-)

Screendaily.com"Ocho Apellidos Vascos (Spanish Affairs) held on to pole position in Spain through Universal Pictures International for the seventh weekend in a row. The rom-com brought in a further $4.7m (€3.4m) from 320 venues for $59.7m (€44.6m).On April 26 the film overtook The Impossible’s €42.4m to become the biggest Spanish release of all time in Spain and was set to chalk off another milestone on April 27, when it was scheduled to overtake Titanic’s  €43.7m lifetime gross to become the second biggest release of all time in Spain behind only Avatar on €77m.  "

Screendaily.com"Ocho Apellidos Vascos (Spanish Affairs) held on to pole position in Spain through Universal Pictures International for the seventh weekend in a row. The rom-com brought in a further $4.7m (€3.4m) from 320 venues for $59.7m (€44.6m).On April 26 the film overtook The Impossible’s €42.4m to become the biggest Spanish release of all time in Spain and was set to chalk off another milestone on April 27, when it was scheduled to overtake Titanic’s  €43.7m lifetime gross to become the second biggest release of all time in Spain behind only Avatar on €77m.  "

According Ministry of Culture, Titanic grossed 41.6 million €

Big and expected drop for TASM2.

And I noticed that 8AV run is some similar to Frozen's Japanese run. After 7 weekends, for both movies the lowest weekend is still the OW, which was already considerable :blink: . Of course, Frozen in Japan is in another league, but it is still remarkable.

• Like 1

Big and expected drop for TASM2.

And I noticed that 8AV run is some similar to Frozen's Japanese run. After 7 weekends, for both movies the lowest weekend is still the OW, which was already considerable :blink: . Of course, Frozen in Japan is in another league, but it is still remarkable.

But Japan has 3 times the population of Spain and the tickets should be more expensive there... 

But Japan has 3 times the population of Spain and the tickets should be more expensive there... 

I know it. Proportionally, the 8AV's run is bigger than Frozen's. I was just talking about absolute numbers. Who would have thought we would see a 90 million $ Spanish movie grosser...  :o  :)

• Like 1

I know it. Proportionally, the 8AV's run is bigger than Frozen's. I was just talking about absolute numbers. Who would have thought we would see a 90 million $ Spanish movie grosser...  :o  :)

Not even in my wildest dreams I was expecting something that this year!!!

Basque People are tough!!! They have beaten 2 superheroes and resisted the fury of a volcano!!  :rofl: 

• Like 2

Imagine how big it would have been if the Spanish economie did wel... Maby it would had reach the 125M mark.

Imagine how big it would have been if the Spanish economie did wel... Maby it would had reach the 125M mark.

Probably, although I would not say it for sure. Maybe people would go more to theaters and see more movies, not just one.

I was reviewing some days ago that in 2001, when economy was doing well we had 1 movie over 7 million admissions (FOTR), 2 more over 6 million (The Others and HP1) and another one over 5 million (Torrente 2, local comedy). Biggest movies last year, Desolation of Smaug and Frozen, were about 2.5 million... Another data: in 2001 were sold 146 million admissions. Last year, about 85 (if I am not wrong)