CJohn

Fantasy Box Office Reborn

For the next couple of days I will try to have everything ready to reboot this game. The rules are all the same with one or two changes. You guys invest in the movies you want to. Every back account starts with 100M.

That number will grow or decrease according to what you win/lose with every movie.

I will try to have the game updated every week with the week numbers to everyone and their respective bank accounts.

A post will be made with March and another with April movies during tomorrow. 

Movies budgets... well, this will work the same way as in the last game. I will try to find every budget but sometimes it is impossible, so I will just use other similar movies budgets.

The budget of a movie can be changed until someone invests in it. So if I have Oz with a 200M budget but by the time the true budget is released it is 250M instead of 200M, it won't change or affect your bank account.

The rule of someone that had a part of the former movie in a franchise so because of that it has the right to buy before the others is also over (for example, if you had a part of GI Joe, you won't have the right to ensure a part of GI Joe 2 before the others).

The cancellations rule will stay the same. The % available for every movie will also suffer some small changes. In general a normal movie will have 200% and a blockbuster 300%. But something like John Carter (250M budget, almost impossible to get it back DOM) will have just 100%. A movie that is going to be released soon and will most likely get just 100% is The Great Gatsby, for example.

Only DOM numbers are valid for this game.

Selling investments to other players or switching % of movies is still a fair game. You guys just have to warn me. Create whatever threads you want to sell or purchase stuff.

If you go bankrupcy, you can ask for a loan to buy more movies, and you will have a limited time to pay the loan back.

Soon, I will create a new thread for Bank Accounts and Revenue (same thread, most likely same table... if I am able to create one at all). A Monthly thread will also be created and it will be updated every week with week results. - ALREADY CREATED

I was thinking and we will have indeed a per year limit of movies a player can buy: 50. If a player cancels is investment, that movies no longer will count for his year total, the same happens if the player seels his investment to other player.

As soon as the movie drops out of the top 20, it no longer counts for the numbers of this game.

NEW: There will be promotions. Those promotions will be made in new threads created at a random time and it will be open for 24 hours.

Edited by CJohn

Yay! Thanks for starting this again. If you need any help CJohn, let me know. It's a lot of work.

Yes, I may eventually need some help. Thanks :)

I hope people return to this game and make it fun again.

Edited by CJohn

An important and fun part of this game that is back:

Selling investments to other players or switching % of movies is still a fair game. You guys just have to warn me. Create whatever threads you want to sell or purchase stuff.

• Like 1

I was thinking and we will have indeed a per year limit of movies a player can buy: 50. If a player cancels is investment, that movies no longer will count for his year total, the same happens if the player seels his investment to other player.

As soon as the movie drops out of the top 20, it no longer counts for the numbers of this game.

NEW: There will be promotions. Those promotions will be made in new threads created at a random time and it will be open for 24 hours.

Am I allowed to play ?  (I don't have the time anymore to run this like i used too ~ amazing i kept it going for 6 years actually :P ) :)

Of course you can :D

Edited by CJohn
  • Like 1