baumer

Die Hard With a Vengeance (Die Hard 3)

12 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

My favourite one after the original. One hell of a ride. Energetic, action packed, great chemistry, great villain and a really cool heist. The script was really good and intelligent until it reached the third act. Somehow they were out of ideas. But it's still a really good film.

A

Also, my favorite right after the original.

Simon is a great foe and the cast is incredibly fun to watch.

It's a bit sad cause the trauma of the McClane lifestyle has really hit home with Holly now divorced from John. 

SLJ's Zeus is the best sidekick in the whole series to date.

I would have loved it if they just let Gruber escape.  Why we always have to kill of the villain...  Bruce & Sam could have still saved the day by averting the heist, but taking down the helicopter was silly and unnecessary. 

• Like 1

The first hour of Die Hard 3 is pure bliss. Bruce Willis and SLJ have amazing chemistry, its clever, its funny, Its fucking exciting.. I was loving it more than anything in the first Die Hard. Then the movie decides to drop the "Simon says" gimmick, which worked beautifully, and cuts down on the laughs, turning into a more average action movie. An entertaining one, sure, but still I was kinda let down. Its the WALL-E syndrome all over again: nothing wrong with the rest of the movie, but it gets overshadowed by the fantastic first reel. 

I was so ready to give this 5/5 after the first hour, but as it stands its a 

3,5/5

• Like 1