The Movie Man

Today's Best Action Stars? Male and Female, Rank Them.

Action star is someone who makes career in action. They may crossover to other genres occasionally but action is their primary domain and that is where they draw the audience. Therefore, all real action stars are men. Jolie isn`t an action star because action isn`t her primary domain (she crosses over a lot) while Jovovich and Beckinsale can`t open outside of RE and UW. They are action actresses but not stars since their opening power is slim to none.

You had me until "all real action stars are men."

Action star is someone who makes career in action. They may crossover to other genres occasionally but action is their primary domain and that is where they draw the audience. Therefore, all real action stars are men. Jolie isn`t an action star because action isn`t her primary domain (she crosses over a lot) while Jovovich and Beckinsale can`t open outside of RE and UW. They are action actresses but not stars since their opening power is slim to none.

I think you can call Jolie an action star since she has done a few action roles, but yeah she is the only female one

I think you can call Jolie an action star since she has done a few action roles, but yeah she is the only female one

Think Milla J also, with RE franchise and The Fifth Element.

As in the future, I think Milla is one that they could pick up another Action Franchise, if she wanted.

Jolie could get SALT 2 made if she wanted to do it, but I don't think she does. Last report said she has script approval and rejected a couple of drafts that were offered. Now that she's directing and probably doing Cleopatra, I doubt that gets made. It's too bad because that would probably be the first and only female starring action franchise based on an original script, not video game, book etc. She also turned down big money to do Wanted 2 because she thought the idea was stupid (it was).

Would hope she does at least one more big action role though before she gives it up for good.