Hmm, Song of the South. I wonder if its available somewhere online. It is Disneys most notorious movies. I love the song Zip-a-dee-doo-dah.. That always gets stuck in my head. Is the movie any good?

It's been broken up into parts on YouTube. My advice is watch the animated sequences, the live action aren't really that great.

As for the content of the film, yes in today's light it's cringeworthy. But I don't think it should be burried. Disney's released just about everything else from that era including some great WWII cartoons. Every see Donald Duck in Nutziland aka Der Fuerers Face? Great cartoon.

So if they're going to release SOTS make it a prestige release geared towards the adult collector.

And besides one of the most popular rides at a Disney park is Splash Mountain, most people riding probably have no idea who Brer Rabbit and company are.

I don't know how they're getting that 8.2, the highest I see under their actual scores is a 3/4. Nobody else has actually given a numerical score.

For some reason Glenn Kenny's 4.5/5 review only shows up with all reviews, but he is a top critic.

As long as this is better than Cars and Cars 2, I'll be satisfied.

In a way, we've been spoiled. Has a studio ever had a run like Pixar did churning out one amazing film after another? Regardless, good, but not great Pixar is still better than 60-70% of everything else that's released.

Hmm, Song of the South. I wonder if its available somewhere online. It is Disneys most notorious movies. I love the song Zip-a-dee-doo-dah.. That always gets stuck in my head. Is the movie any good?

It's widely available on home video outside of U.S, but only on VHS. You can find the animated portions on some Disney compilation DVDs, though.

Edit: And as DAR said the film has been put up in parts on YouTube.

Edited by C00k13