A movie opens to 160+M = all other movies drop hard.

Well, I'm simply assuming. Anyone care to look at the last 3-4 movies that opened so big and check the drops?.

Holdover drops against The Avengers do look pretty similar. Overall though they're not quite as steep as the ones against TDKR.

WALL-E | BRAVE

04.664 | 02.092 ARGENTINA

14.165 | 14.792 AUSTRALIA

00.220 | 00.221 BOLIVIA

00.000 | 04.675 CHINA

00.501 | 00.403 INDIA

00.902 | 01.421 INDONESIA

01.911 | 00.236 ISRAEL

01.178 | 01.321 MALAYSIA

01.889 | 02.119 NEW ZEALAND

00.008 | 00.037 NIGERIA

11.694 | 15.498 RUSSIA

01.224 | 01.132 UKRAINE

38.356 | 43.947 TOTAL

I'm using WALL-E for the comparison. This film made 297.5 M overseas. It's a good barometer whether BRAVE is going to pass 300 M or not.

WALL-E won 4 markets versus BRAVE's 8. Having said that, if this is any indication, 300 M for BRAVE is a lock.

Article's a month old, but it provides some info I didn't know about what specific ideas Mark Andrews brought to the movie and a possible future project

http://azdailysun.com/entertainment/movies/pixar-turned-to-mark-andrews-to-save-its-damsel-brave/article_9173cdee-9f2b-5963-ae93-d2aec640b1ec.html

As "Brave" developed, Andrews was pursuing his own projects, including an unannounced Pixar feature with some sci-fi elements and a live-action writing and second unit directing gig for fellow Pixar director Andrew Stanton on "John Carter," the high-profile Disney fantasy adaptation that ultimately fizzled at the box office in March.

When Andrews came aboard, among his first story changes was to intercut two separate scenes of Merida and Elinor complaining about each other to others. "I said, 'Let's just put 'em together so the audience will see this is the conversation they should have, but they can't have," said Andrews, himself the father of a 12-year-old girl and three younger boys -- just like the story's King Fergus. Andrews and Sarafian also set to reassuring a restless crew, many of whom had endured umpteen story iterations on "Brave" and lost hours of work when sequences were scuttled.

Cars 2 had more competition last year (opened on the same day as Transformers 3 and just two weeks after Harry Potter). It kind of is a bad opening for Brave if true

Cars 2 had more competition last year (opened on the same day as Transformers 3 and just two weeks after Harry Potter). It kind of is a bad opening for Brave if true

but it did not have an other anime opening the same weekend

with 1.9m it looks to be the lowest Pixar in Japan ever

Abysmal performance overseas so far.

it bombed in China, India and now Japan

in Australia and Russia it is sub Tangled

in Argentina and Bolivia not great

last hope is Europe, where movies are not doing great this year (except Intouchables)

Apparently made around $6m this weekend, a bit better than expected. Last weekend if you told me I'd be happy with a 46% drop I would have laughed in your face. But after seeing everything else this weekend, that's actually a damn good number.

Well currently it's $13m ahead of WALL-E's pace, but WALL-E's drops from this point forward are pretty good, which I don't see Brave matching at all. WALL-E will probably continue to close the gap but ultimately not catch it, so my guess is somewhere between $225m - $230m.