baumer

The Emperor's New Groove

7 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

How the hell does this thread only have two replies?

The topic of this movie in the Classic Convo thread last night reminded me just how hilarious this movie is. It might not be the best movie Disney's ever made but it sure is the funniest. Kronk is the best character ever.

• Like 1

I've seen this movie more times than I can count. It's simply brilliant and non stop hilarious.

And I'm endlessly fascinated about its troubled production history and how it was supposed to be another epic renaissance musical with Sting, I think all the troubles and changes shaped the project into something special. It still floped but it ended up being a great movie and a very unique addition to the Disney canon. And it's not that much underrated any more. Emperor and Lilo & Stitch are probably the only Disney animations of the dark age that was the 00s for the studio that are still remembered and well regarded. Does anyone remember movies like Chicken Little and Bolt and Dinosaur existed and they were hits that people went to see in theatres;