Plain Old Tele

Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989)

Crimes and Misdemeanors (1989)  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it.

Allen's best filmI have seen some films by Woody Allen that are pure garbage (Deconstructing Harry, Shadows and Fog ) some films that are tolerable ( Annie Hall, Zelig ) and two of his films have absolutely blown me away. And those two are Husbands and Wives and this one. Now it must be said that I am not a huge fan of Woody Allen. As a matter a fact, I quite loathe him and his work. Most of it is the same piece over and over again. But C&M is a great movie that has some truly interesting things to say about life. The most interesting element of the film is the irony that is painted when the good are punished and the wicked seem to be rewarded. That is good writing, especially coming from Allen.What is also amazing about the film is Martin Landau. He carries the film. He is basically a good man with one small weakness..... that will be left up to you the viewer to find out what that is.All in all this is a terrific effort from Allen, it's too bad he has to make crap most of the time because this film proves he is a talent.9.5/10

• Like 1

Allen's best filmI have seen some films by Woody Allen that are pure garbage (Deconstructing Harry, Shadows and Fog ) some films that are tolerable ( Annie Hall, Zelig ) and two of his films have absolutely blown me away. And those two are Husbands and Wives and this one. Now it must be said that I am not a huge fan of Woody Allen. As a matter a fact, I quite loathe him and his work. Most of it is the same piece over and over again. But C&M is a great movie that has some truly interesting things to say about life. The most interesting element of the film is the irony that is painted when the good are punished and the wicked seem to be rewarded. That is good writing, especially coming from Allen.What is also amazing about the film is Martin Landau. He carries the film. He is basically a good man with one small weakness..... that will be left up to you the viewer to find out what that is.All in all this is a terrific effort from Allen, it's too bad he has to make crap most of the time because this film proves he is a talent.9.5/10

Agree 100%

• Like 1