baumer

The Big Wedding (2013)

9 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Absolutely incredible. Four star masterpiece. A monumental cinematic achievement. Feels like a lost Orson Welles film. Oscar nods for everybody!

Serious or Joking? As you can never tell what people like or don't like?

Considering your taste you're probably going to love it  :lol:

FYI > "Some of the acting is better than the film deserves. Make that all of the acting. Actually, the film stock itself is better than the film deserves. You know when sometimes a film catches fire inside a projector? If it happened with this one, I suspect the audience might cheer." > Roger Ebert

Edited by TRUMAN

FYI > "Some of the acting is better than the film deserves. Make that all of the acting. Actually, the film stock itself is better than the film deserves. You know when sometimes a film catches fire inside a projector? If it happened with this one, I suspect the audience might cheer." > Roger Ebert

What do you mean

FYI,  I mean, I agree with what I posted. Nothing more and nothing less, than that.

PS. I am assuming that was question, because questions usually use/end a ?.

1. Why did you quote my post which was directed at baumer and had nothing to do with my signature?

2. Why would you use "For your information" before the Roger Ebert quote? It doesn't make any sense, usually FYI used in a very different context, like "For your information I worked hard on this", not when you just agree with someone.

3. Yes, it was a question. Please forgive me for accidentally not using a question mark.

Its pretty funny in some parts and overall its not a bad movie. Its just not a great one either. And whoever was the editor on this needs to go back to school. There were about 5 scenes that were cut almost in the middle of dialogue. 6.5/10

• Like 1

I saw it as a walk in after Iron Man...and I liked it in general. Mainly because I liked the actors and the story moved.

This is the first Deniro that I liked in a well, as he wasn't Deniro? Same goes for Topher Grace, who I usually hate as an annoying guy.

Sarandon was very good. Keaton was OK...And I liked the guy's mother.

Plus I like looking at Seyfired, even with her eyes and the other hot sister, with one naked scene.

Edited by Truman Burbank
  • Like 1