Plain Old Tele

Bridge to Terabithia (2007)

Bridge to Terabithia (2007)  

4 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

tragic, tragic, tragic. oh god. one of the best so-called 'childrens' films i've seen, and certainly the saddest. and before that everything was so delightful. in the end it's a little cozy for someone who's lost, but i suppose that's the children's movie thing again. but i don't mind here, because there's so many tears.

8/10

Well, the other day I was so bored that I decided to download a couple of movies to watch. I got Gone Baby Gone, Minority Report and then I decided to take something more... fantasy like. I stepped over this, and got it only because I liked the poster (I had no idea what actors/actresses were in this).

The first surprise was that Hutcherson was in it. Then Deschanel. I had no idea who AnnaShophia Robb was, but I would find out later.

The movie is really great. The thing that I liked the most was that it was a movie that played with the human mind, creating a imaginary world that only kids would see. The performances from Hutcherson, who I never really liked until now, and AnnaShopia Robb were excellent, and the second part of the movie is simply heart breaking. It's one of the saddest family movies I've ever seen, and I'll surely re-watch it tenths of times only this year. It's totally worth it.

A+

tragic, tragic, tragic. oh god. one of the best so-called 'childrens' films i've seen, and certainly the saddest. and before that everything was so delightful. in the end it's a little cozy for someone who's lost, but i suppose that's the children's movie thing again. but i don't mind here, because there's so many tears.

8/10

heh.

It's a very sweet story about loneliness, love, loss, and growing up. Surprised how the story explored its themes with such depth rarely seen in a kids movies, especially a Disney kids movie. Jesse and Leslie's relationship is an all-timer for me. And of course, the ending broke me emotionally.

It's not as good as 14-year-old Goffe thought it was, but it sure is a very solid, endearing kids movie. 75/100

Edited by Goffe