PanaMovie

Now You See Me 2 | 269.8M OS - 334.9M WW |

Lionsgate’s sequel performed a heist at the offshore box office this weekend, pulling$50.9M out of 55 markets. Leading those was China where the studio reports itsbest-ever start with $43.3M (the previous champ for Lionsgate was 2013’s Escape Plan at $22.8M). The bow was 367% bigger than NYSM1.

That takes the offshore total to $107.7M to date; the original 2013 pic topped out at $234M abroad. The other Top 5 markets are Russia ($14.1M), Australia ($6.3M), Brazil ($5.9M) and Taiwan ($5.2M). There are several more hubs to come for the John M Chu-helmed pic that stars Jesse Eisenberg, Mark Ruffalo, Morgan Freeman, Woody Harrelson, Dave Franco, Daniel Radcliffe, Lizzy Caplan and singer/songwriter Jay Chou. July alone sees the UK, Korea, Mexico, Spain and France on deck.

Source: Deadline.com

Just wow for China (possible 100M+ gross)

It has the UK, Spain, France, Germany and Japan 

• Like 2

Taking its worldwide total past $200M, Jon M Chu’s magic heist sequel grossed$20.8M in 60 offshore markets this weekend. The international cume is now $155.6M. NSYM2 continues to have an unprecedented run for a Lionsgate pic inChina. It is now that studio’s highest grossing film ever in the territory with $81.9M after two weeks.

The pic debuted in Latin America this frame with $585K in Colombia; $500K in Venezuela; $326K in Peru; and $216K inChile. The UK bows Monday with further rollout throughout July, August and early September.

270M+ OS and 65M+ DOM = 335M+ WW

• Like 1

LIONSGATE INTERNATIONAL

Now You See Me 2 conjured up an estimated $10.1m from its 68 markets for $176.1m to date, and a global tally of $238.3m.

Summit Entertainment’s sequel launched with a preview-boosted $3.8m in the UK, while China has reached $92.6m after three weeks. It opens in South Korea next weekend.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/disney-reaches-5bn-worldwide-in-record-time/5106616.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

• Like 1

A strong start in Korea helped push Lionsgate’s heist sequel over the $200M milestone internationally. In total, the weekend pulled $17.5M from 77 markets for an offshore total of $203.7M. Most European majors have yet to bow.

In a crowded Korean frame, the horsemen rode to $12.5M (including previews) and a No. 1 start. In local currency, the bow is 89% above the original film. In China, the film is now at $96.5M after four weeks. That takes it pastBatman V Superman to become the lucky 13th top grossing title of 2016. Mexico and Spain are on deck for Friday.

Strong!

Now You See Me 3!

Now You See Me 2 made an estimated $11.5 million overseas weekend, down 36.6 percent, in 80 markets. It’s now earned $221.6 million overseas and $285.8 million global total, led by $97.1 million in China, $19.3 million in South Korea, and $16.3 million in Russia.

Source: BoxOffice.com

Total Lifetime Grosses
Domestic:  $64,287,535    22.5%
Foreign:  $221,600,000    77.5%

Worldwide:  $285,887,535  

Screendaily

Now You See Me 2 has surpassed the original’s $235m overseas result following a $10.6m weekend from its 83 markets for $238.8m to date.

Summit Entertainment’s sequel conjured with a healthy $5m to open second in France behind The Secret Life Of Pets, while it exceeded Now You See Me’s debut in Belgium by 53% with a preview-boosted $686k start. Worldwide, Now You See Me 2 stands at $303.4m in its quest to overhaul its predecessor’s $351.7m global haul.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Purple Minion said:

Screendaily

Now You See Me 2 has surpassed the original’s $235m overseas result following a $10.6m weekend from its 83 markets for $238.8m to date.

Summit Entertainment’s sequel conjured with a healthy $5m to open second in France behind The Secret Life Of Pets, while it exceeded Now You See Me’s debut in Belgium by 53% with a preview-boosted $686k start. Worldwide, Now You See Me 2 stands at $303.4m in its quest to overhaul its predecessor’s $351.7m global haul.

Fantastic start in France.

With no new openings, Now You See Me 2 conjured up $5.5m from its 84 markets for $248.7m internationally.

Summit Entertainment’s sequel stands at $9.9m after two weeks of release in France and its next major opening comes in Germany on Aug 25.

http://www.screendaily.com/news/suicide-squad-shoots-to-august-opening-record-overseas/5107301.article?blocktitle=LATEST-FILM-NEWS&contentID=40562

• Like 1