Ezen Baklattan

The Bye-Bye Man (2017)

The Bye-Bye Man (2017)  

8 members have voted

1. 1. What grade would you give The Bye-Bye Man (2017)?

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

Okay here’s a little backstory time for you.

I went to a film high school in Queens of New York named Academy for Careers in Television and Film. By that name you probably already guessed it's a film school. Every year with each production class, you had to direct your own project of any given genre. In 10th grade, one of the longest projects you had to work on was suspense where you were to make a horror short film. After every student’s project is complete, the production teachers watch every single one then pick their favorites. Then, they compile all their favorite projects into a compilation disc and call it Best Of.

I saw better three-minute projects in my high school’s Best Of than this pile of garbage.

FULL REVIEW HERE: rendyreviews.com/movies//the-bye-bye-man-review

God damnit this had potential.

Anyway...The Bye Bye Man starts off promising but completely collapses due to a bad screenplay and inauthentic acting. It plays out like a 4 minute short on YouTube stretched to feature length written by someone who couldn't figure out a way to tie it all together so they started borrowing from better horror films and hoped no one would notice. Overall it has some good ideas but fails to execute them or fill in the majority of it's running time with a coherent plot or believable scenarios. This honestly could have been good but this film needed several rewrites...and better actors....or a better director. I guess the studio gave up and said "It will make money in January" though. - D

Well sue me...I liked it.  It didn't end well and there were some editing issues I had but it had some genuine scares and some good tension along the way.  I think it could have gone through another rewrite but not a bad effort, imo.

7/10

• Like 1

If I wanna watch a horror film with an Urban Legend, i"ll watch the first Candyman or the first two Urban Legends over this pile of shit. 

Everyone in this film is so stupid, and everyone is unlikable to the point where I didn't care who died. The film was predictable and laughable. Also is it just me, or did anyone else get annoyed by the lead character's niece? She had no purpose in the film whatsoever and she should've been killed off because she is stupid as well as the father(the lead's brother). 

The Bye Bye Man is so far the worst movie of 2017, and features some of the most idiotic characters filled in with tiring ideas. Grade: F