Fullbuster

Brazil Box Office Thread

5 minutes ago, juni78ukr said:

Is there any info how Snow Queen 2 is doing? According to filmeb it's the biggest release of the weekend.

In Brazil we usually don't know how movies are doing before getting global weekend numbers, unless it's a kind of global OW, in that rare case we can get OD numbers.

COMPARISON USA / BRAZIL

Let's get back to business, I got a new idea for a new list : The US market is weighing $10.5B and the Brazilian market $0.85B...Let's make interesting comparisons in terms of proportion. So the US movie market is 12.35 times bigger than the Brazilian movie market.

HARRY POTTER AND THE DEATHLY HALLOW PART 2 (dollars)

USA : 381m

BRAZIL : 35.7m

If Brazil had the size of the US market this movie would get in that country: 440m

CONCLUSION : Proportionally speaking this movie was much bigger in Brazil .

COMPARISON USA / BRAZIL

Let's get back to business, I got a new idea for a new list : The US market is weighing $10.5B and the Brazilian market $0.85B...Let's make interesting comparisons in terms of proportion. So the US movie market is 12.35 times bigger than the Brazilian movie market.

FROZEN (dollars)

USA : 400.7m

BRAZIL : 21.7m

If Brazil had the size of the US market this movie would get in that country: 268m

CONCLUSION : Proportionally speaking this movie was much bigger in the US.

8 hours ago, JohnnY said:

I always felt that Harry Potter wasn't that big in the US, when you look at numbers from other countries, especially western europe and Japan, the american numbers just seem to be way too low

I feel the same, maybe because it was too British for some, or something else...

COMPARISON USA / BRAZIL

IRON MAN 3 (dollars)

USA : 409m

BRAZIL : 47.9m

If Brazil had the size of the US market this movie would get in that country: 591.6m

CONCLUSION : Proportionally speaking this movie was much bigger in Brazil.

COMPARISON USA / BRAZIL

MINIONS (dollars)

USA : 335m

BRAZIL : 37.5m

If Brazil had the size of the US market this movie would get in that country: 463m

CONCLUSION : Proportionally speaking this movie was much bigger in Brazil.

COMPARISON USA / BRAZIL

TRANSFORMERS DARK OF THE MOON (dollars)

USA : 352m

BRAZIL : 22m

If Brazil had the size of the US market this movie would get in that country: 272m

CONCLUSION : Proportionally speaking this movie was much bigger in the USA

1 007 contra Spectre 6.247.000
2 O último caçador de bruxas 3.731.000
3 Como sobreviver a um ataque... 1.747.000
4 S.O.S. Mulheres ao mar 2 1.595.000
5 The Snow Queen 2 1.381.000
6 Aliança do crime 1.359.000
7 Atividade paranormal - Dimensão... 1.134.000
8 Vai que cola 566.000
9 Bridge of Spies 467.000
10 Amizade desfeita

• Like 1

Mockingjay merchandising in Brazil:

It's on the biggest avenue of São Paulo (it moves).
CT8FDyqWwAAUvRV.jpg:large

Paris Filmes is revealing phone numbers that when you call, you can "talk" with Katniss.

I did not call, but it seems that she's saying "May the odds be ever in your favor".

There's a card game too, for Android and iOS.

Edited by Blur
  • Like 2

26 minutes ago, Blur said:

Mockingjay merchandising in Brazil:

It's on the biggest avenue of São Paulo (it moves).
CT8FDyqWwAAUvRV.jpg:large

Paris Filmes is revealing phone numbers that when you call, you can "talk" with Katniss.

I did not called, but it seems that she's saying "May the odds be ever in your favor".

There's a card game too, for Android and iOS.

Now that's interesting! :DD Wereally can be optimistic about it. Will you watch it on DAY 1 Blur? :)

45 minutes ago, Fullbuster said:

Now that's interesting! :DD Wereally can be optimistic about it. Will you watch it on DAY 1 Blur? :)

No, I will watch on day 2.

The screening I wanted on the OD was sold out. :sweat:

And you?

• Like 1

22 minutes ago, Blur said:
22 minutes ago, Blur said:

And you?

And you?

No, I need to save for Thee Good Dinosaur and Star Wars VII, they're my priority and my budget is tight. I'd love to watch it though, but no choice here...

• Like 1