A Marvel Fanboy

Dario Argento

I'll start first.

Suspiria (1977) ---- 9/10 horror masterpiece; simply one of the best ever made.

Deep Red (1975) ---- 9/10 ---- one if the best crime thriller with great music and suspension.

Inferno (1980) ---- 8/10 ---- sequel to Suspiria, weak ending but it does have some beautiful shots

Tenebre (1982) ---- 8/10

Opera (1987) ---- 8/10

The Bird with the Crystal Plumage (1971)  ----- 8/10

The Stendhal Syndrome (1996)  ----- 7/10

Phenomena (1985) ----- 7/10 ----- for the beautiful set and young Jennifer Connally

Gatto a nove code (1971) ----- 6/10

Sleepless (2001) ---- 6/10

The Third Mother (2007) ----- 5/10

Edited by firedeep
  • Like 1

Bird with the Crystal Plumage is quite good, has to be one of the better gialli out there (and definitely one of the most visually beautiful). Four Flies on Grey Velvet is okay. Deep Red has a lot of good stuff going for it, but it's also at least 20 minutes too long, which took away from my enjoyment of it. Suspiria kicks all kinds of ass - I don't know if some of Argento's later films are as bad as they say, but he gets a lifetime pass from me for that film alone. 

• Like 1

I have seen all his filmography and I like his gialo films, suspiria and inferno. It is sad how pathetic he has become with shitfest a like the third mother movie and dracula 3d . I'd say the third mother movie is one of the worst films I have ever watched .

• Like 1