Water Bottle

The One I Love (2014)

The One I Love  

11 members have voted

1. 1. Grade the Movie.

• Community Manager

I just want to say that The One I Love is one of the most unique romantic comedies out there. I remember before the movie, a guy and his dad were debating what movie to see. When the dad saw the Variety quote calling it a romantic comedy, he was closed off to this movie which is too bad...

because this was simply fantastic. It was a movie that had a very unique premise and it simply had fun with it. There were moments of oddity, genuinely funny moments, and an ending that felt earned and oddly satisfying. It's the kind of movie where five minutes it, I knew I was in love with it.

It's true it has SOME flaws. The pacing could be a little off at times, the tone was sometimes a little too off, and it was a visually average film for most of the time. The score is also forgettable.

Ultimately, this is a movie everybody who loves films should experience.

I hated when my college professors did this but I'm going to do it: B+/A-.

Meaning it was somehow better than a B+ and yet not good enough for an A-.

• Like 3

I just finished watching and I liked it. Interesting movie and both leads gave good performances. It was trippy and I was sure what was going on till it was revealed. If people are on the fence, they should just give it a chance and watch it. I would give it a.... B(86)

Edited by Empire
  • Like 2

After SAFETY NOT GUARANTEED, the Duplass brothers made another nice little weird romantic comedy thingy and I'm liking pretty much every second of it. Great twists and even better turns make this a time well spent even though some things are pretty average, like WB said. Both leads were great though and the movie was well-directed, especially for a first-time director.

8/10

• Like 2

I thought this was awesome disorienting fun. The ideas at play captivated me far more than Gone Girl's, which somewhat preyed on a similar concept. Caught me off guard. Watched this and The Guest yesterday. Both of which blindsided me with the skill on the screen from the acting, framing, scoring, etc. Duplass and Moss truly make the film. Part Stepford Wives, part Twilight Zone and all Annie Hall. Good shit. A-

I just finished watching and I liked it. Interesting movie and both leads gave good performances. It was trippy and I was sure what was going on till it was revealed. If people are on the fence, they should just give it a chance and watch it.

I would give it a....

B(86)

I watched this again recently and my score went up to.......A-(90) Edited by Empire