Project Almanac (2015)

12 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it:

• A
    • B
    • C
    • D
    • F

The first half is a lot of fun seeing the kids mess around in the past, but then, like any other PG-13 time travel movie ever, it becomes another "butterfly effect" flick that becomes a big pile of "what." It's clear that the filmmakers didn't put much thought into the third act, because it becomes a field of plot holes.

It's entertaining, but extremely confusing. I left the theater befuddled.

C+

Edited by Alpha

I liked this a whole lot more than I thought I would. I saw it almost a week ago, but just thought to put in my thoughts. Most of the movie was really fun, and watching the kids go back in time to win the lottery and ace a science test etc. were all great, and sometimes really funny. However the last 10 minutes were just extremely confusing, and honestly didn't make sense. The movie basically threw logic out the window just to wrap up the plot.

I saw it with my dad, and he is sooooo analytical about films like this; he usually rips them apart when we leave the theatre, but he really liked this one as well, and said he's rate it a 7 or an 8/10. I would go with a B-.

• Like 1

I liked the cast. Besides a few film cliches here and there and a few questionable plot points, it was a decent movie, though doesn't live up to its full potential.

Also, the use of the camera was poorly done IMO. There are a few audio inconsistencies like being able to hear a conversation between two people far away in the middle of a large crowd, or the camera being on conveniently during a private conversation and then there's score music in the background at times that took me out of the found footage camera use.

C-

Edited by Wormy

I was the opposite of others, I found the first 30 minutes to be a bore while the rest fairly exciting including the whole Butterfly Effect aspect as David's actions spiral out of control. Oh, and agree with Baumer, Sofia Black D'elia is gorgeous...

***/*****, (C+, 6.1/10, 2.5/4)

And this is coming from someone who hates the found footage style.

Edited by The Movieman