Ezen Baklattan

CAYOM: Year 7 - Actuals

My reactions:Assassin's Creed: HOLY CRAP! A $60m opening, my god.

The Martian Chronicles: Thanks Spaghetti. Now The Martian Chronicles is John Carter. Slightly better. Considering how it had a $270M budget, this better do darn well overseas.

Here Comes Peter Cottontail: Not much but, that's good.

• Like 1

Excellent opening weekend for the Wanders and it should find its way to a 110-120M finish which is fantastic actually despite being really frontloaded. 

It's about on par with Prometheus. I could see why it's frontloaded.

• Like 2

It's about on par with Prometheus. I could see why it's frontloaded.

I was expecting a front loaded film anyway. Its Sunday drop on its first weekend was really good for a frontloaded/horror flick.

Friday- 22.6M

Saturday- 18.5 (-18.0%)

Sunday- 12.0M (-35.1%)

Anyway after doing some numbers I think it will most likely end right around 115-118M but should hit 120M if it gets a good boost with Spring Break, which it could because spring break is when the film happens. 

• Like 1

I was expecting a front loaded film anyway. Its Sunday drop on its first weekend was really good for a frontloaded/horror flick.

Friday- 22.6M

Saturday- 18.5 (-18.0%)

Sunday- 12.0M (-35.1%)

Anyway after doing some numbers I think it will most likely end right around 115-118M but should hit 120M if it gets a good boost with Spring Break, which it could because spring break is when the film happens. 

The boost might happen. I do think I undermined that film a bit, giving it the 9th worst movie of the year score. But the ending was terrible :P

• Like 1

My reactions:Assassin's Creed: HOLY CRAP! A $60m opening, my god.

The Martian Chronicles: Thanks Spaghetti. Now The Martian Chronicles is John Carter. Slightly better. Considering how it had a $270M budget, this better do darn well overseas.

Here Comes Peter Cottontail: Not much but, that's good.

Here Comes Peter Cottontail will play well if over the April season. Zero competition + good reviews + well known material = good legs.

It should finish between 125-145M

• Like 1

The boost might happen. I do think I undermined that film a bit, giving it the 9th worst movie of the year score. But the ending was terrible :P

That seemed overly harsh but it was your opinion and I respect that. I don't see how the ending was terrible, I mean it was different and very much a drastic twist but not bad. The premise of the ending was original and interesting at least and I wish people gave it credit for that. Aliens creating humanity and setting up religion to keep humans in check....conspiracy theory!!! The Wanders was incredibly fun to write and I am proud of it even though it won't get Oscar attention. I never had so much fun with a film. That in my opinion is the true spirit of CAYOM...just having fun and throwing wild ideas out there.

• Like 2

That seemed overly harsh but it was your opinion and I respect that. I don't see how the ending was terrible, I mean it was different and very much a drastic twist but not bad. The premise of the ending was original and interesting at least and I wish people gave it credit for that. Aliens creating humanity and setting up religion to keep humans in check....conspiracy theory!!! The Wanders was incredibly fun to write and I am proud of it even though it won't get Oscar attention. I never had so much fun with a film. That in my opinion is the true spirit of CAYOM...just having fun and throwing wild ideas out there.

I actually didn't think it was all that original. 

• Like 1

I'm going to try to be fair to everyone here. For example, if I give you a huge dissapointment, I'll often make it up to you at another point in time, and vice versa.

I tend to do the same...

I felt bad about Spark so I made all your other films break out. 

• Like 2

I'm going to try to be fair to everyone here. For example, if I give you a huge dissapointment, I'll often make it up to you at another point in time, and vice versa.

That's means...oh yes.

Posted Image

• Like 1

I plan on just letting chance do the work next year. I've identified 5 movies (well soon to be identified based on a number pairing) movies that will either break-out or disappoint(There's one huge one incoming actually :lol:). The others will get a range and then will get a randomly generated gross. [Oh, and there will be weather.)

• Like 1

Well the ending is loosely based off an actual religion. 

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raëlism

I had no idea about that, but I felt that the aliens creating the world thing has been done often in sci-fi before and the entire genre shift thing didn't work very well. The beginning of the movie is what saved it from disaster territory. 

• Like 1

When can we expect April? I am waiting to see if Golden Legend will break out or not. Everything of mine performed expected at best. The Wanders had a break out OW but the legs were bad enough to drop the total to an expected finish. Unbalanced 4 and everything else disappointed. Ice Station and Spaghetti Monster did good but not break out good but more of a expected good. 

• Like 1

How did Unbalanced 4 disappoint? It opened to 40M+ on the 1st weekend of the year. 

It was. Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson with Giant Spiders did 60M+ OW. I thought we would have 50M in the bag. 

• Like 1

It was. Chuck Norris and Liam Neeson with Giant Spiders did 60M+ OW. I thought we would have 50M in the bag. 

Yeah, except it was the first weekend of the year. That weekend is always desolate, I thought 40M was probably even unrealistic given the time-frame. The public had just come off of a massive holiday season and etc. 

• Like 1