Mud (2013)  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

I enjoyed this.I dug the leisurely vibe and pace, it's perfect for moody films like this. It's the kind of movie that becomes more rewarding as a result. The film had great characters centered around the powerful rural drama at its core.It may take a while to grab ahold, but once it does it latches on and doesn't let go.B+

Edited by mattmav45

Whoa. This was really freaking great. And I use that word a lot, but wow, this was fantastic. McConaughey brings Mud to life perfectly; if DBC didn't come out last year, I'm convinced he would've still won an Oscar for this role. The real star of the movie is Ty Sheridan, who I would've honestly included on my best actor ballot for the Boffies last year if I had seen this movie on time. Really talented kid. The cinematography is gorgeous, and the theme, although a bit obvious, really spoke to me personally. Nichols writes and directs a film that feels like a cross between Mark Twain and 80s Spielberg, while also being realistic. Everything in the movie has a timeless feel. This movie is a masterpiece. A+

• Like 1