Dementeleus

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (2005)

The Chronicles of Narnia: The Lion, The Witch, and The Wardrobe (2005)  

21 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

Best of the series as it has the best story and was as popular as the HP film the year it released

The Christian story line may piss off people (likely only on the internet) but it made the story way more grand and Aslan  was cool to see as a Lion. 

The Ice With was a good villain  as well..

Pretty Solid family film.

It's a bit weak. I feel like they had so much potential with this film, and they wasted it. The acting was bad at times and some scenes were corny and cringe-worthy. I am not going to comment on the visuals since the film was made nine years ago. Anyway, I still enjoyed it I guess.

B-

I enjoyed it, when I was 15. Now I view it as a comedy. Seriously, these kids actually got paid for their 'acting' in this. No wonder they never made it big afterwards. I swear one of the girls was in the Halo mini series lol, a big step down.

A good film but let down by weak acting and crap CGI. Also i expected the White Witch to be better looking even though Tilda played her well.

B-

Score was good though. Especially that Tumnus theme

Edited by Omario

It's a well made and very entertaining film right until Edmund goes to White Witch's castle, it is downhill from there, the blatant christian allegories are annoying and the battle puts me to sleep, pretty bad stuff. The last half could have used some serious trims.I really liked the beginning and the whole introduction to the world of Narnia, it nailed the magical and wondrous tone. Gregson-Williams score is wonderful and it is what holds everything together. 60/100

Edited by Goffe