theultimatebiu

WKND BO: #StarTrek $70.6M/$84.1M, IronMan3 $35.2M/$337.1M, Gatsby $23.4M/$90.2M

StId can you believe NYC 42st theatres (in this case Regal E-walk) isn't a top 20 theatre, whats the world coming to :huh::D Empire 25 is still #1 for TGG, Regal E-walk #1 for IM3

How's Lincoln Square?

3D for me makes the screen feel smaller. I took off my glasses for the crests of STID in IMAX and was like wow, the scope and feel of the screen is way more powerful with ou glasse.IMAX 3d is cool for 5 minutes but then you ge used to it .

I think it's the frame of the glasses that makes it feel smaller because it puts a border around your vision. That's my theory anyways lol

I was wishing that the film was in 2D the entire time because I really wanted to be able to enjoy the IMAX experience without the 3D blurring things. There was several times the screen seemed to get blurry, casting a double image. I wasn't the only one experiencing it. Maybe we had a shitty IMAX projectionist? 

Edited by haku

StId can you believe NYC 42st theatres (in this case Regal E-walk) isn't a top 20 theatre, whats the world coming to

:huh::D

Empire 25 is still #1 for TGG, Regal E-walk #1 for IM3

No sell outs at all there for ST2. I couldn't believe it.

ECSTASY, how does it look compared to yesterday? You did a good job with posting different theaters yesterday. I'm hoping we get some healthy increases on Sunday estimates.

Edited by druv10

No sell outs at all there for ST2. I couldn't believe it.

No really odd everyones packing into Lincoln Square (60% higher than #2 NYC Union Square and almost double E-walk which is #4 in NYC even 34st is betting it and LS is still 75% higher than 34st), Ls is 13% of the top 20 NYC theatres with Stid

Edited by Rth

ECSTASY, how does it look compared to yesterday? You did a good job with posting different theaters. I'm hoping we get some healthy increases on Sunday estimates.

I haven't looked today.  I'll check in a bit.

• Like 1

I think it's the frame of the glasses that makes it feel smaller because it puts a border around your vision. That's my theory anyways lolI was wishing that the film was in 2D the entire time because I really wanted to be able to enjoy the IMAX experience without the 3D blurring things. There was several times the screen seemed to get blurry, casting a double image. I wasn't the only one experiencing it. Maybe we had a shitty IMAX projectionist?

Your exactly right! With 3D you have to keep your head level and look directly straight pretty much the whole time for it to work.It take away from the IMAX cause I can't move my head, and look at the corners of the screen, follow action, and so forth. It limits your view. Also my IMAX was the same way it wasn't just your projector.

Another Houston, TX theater

• Like 2

No really odd everyones packing into Lincoln Square (60% higher than #2 NYC Union Square and almost double E-walk which is #4 in NYC even 34st is betting it and LS is still 75% higher than 34st), Ls is 13% of the top 20 NYC theatres with Stid

Is Lincoln Square the 2nd highest grossing theater in the U.S.?

Your exactly right! With 3D you have to keep your head level and look directly straight pretty much the whole time for it to work.It take away from the IMAX cause I can't move my head, and look at the corners of the screen, follow action, and so forth. It limits your view.Also my IMAX was the same way it wasn't just your projector.

Ah! That explains it! I remember it getting blurry whenever there was alot of motion. I guess it was because I was following the action by turning my head. 

• Like 1

Is Lincoln Square the 2nd highest grossing theater in the U.S.?

yes its been #2 to the Empire 25 every year since 05, wasnt in 04 but was in 03 &01, and im not going back any further :)

Edited by Rth
  • Like 1

yes its been #2 to the Empire 25 for few years at least

Pretty cool. I'm sure it has a lot to do with the ridiculous prices. 21.50 for IMAX 3D.600 seats. It makes close to $13,000 per sold out show on the real IMAX screen.