baumer

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift (2006)

14 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

This one is the weakest I've seen so far thanks to Lucas Black being super obnoxious and lacking every bit of charisma. I did enjoy it though as the action was pretty well done and I think Han is a cool character, although a lot of that is baggage from me seeing Furious 6. In the weirdest sentence I've ever written about a movie, I'll say that I found myself also surprisingly looking forward to Bow Wow's screentime as well. Not as good as the others, but still enjoyable once it gets going. B-

I finally watched it for the first time.

Definitely the worst of them. Mainly the combination of Lucas Black's acting, accent and the dialogue that went with the accent.

The plot seems to move forward based on Sean's requirement to race someone to win a girl.

Still, the race scenes were well done.

I had assumed Han died at the end of the film.

Edited by DeeCee

The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift has the best races of any film in this franchise. Unfortunately, this huge positive ultimately means nothing when none of the characters are compelling. Even Han, often considered the best part of this film, really is only interesting after knowing his story in the following films. Lin brings a cool flare to the direction, and the Tokyo setting adds a lot of fun atmosphere, but ultimately, this is a franchise about character and family. The Fast and the Furious: Tokyo Drift has nothing of note there, and thus, is an incredibly weak entry in the franchise. D-