baumer

Interview With The Vampire: The Vampire Chronicles (1994)

5 members have voted

1. 1. Grade it

This was actually a good, entertaining and frightening (sometimes) movie, with an excellent cast. I think much of the Underworld/Twilight/whatever boom started here but you really can't blame this story for its epigones (apart from the fact that Anne Rice herself milked that cow till it bled)

• Like 1

I recently caught this on TV, haven't watched it for a long time. I really like the movie.

The cast, IMO, was incredible. Brad Pitt, Tom Cruise, Kirsten Dunst, Antonio Banderas were all excellent. I was reminded of how good Kirsten Dunst was as a child actress.

The movie 's plot and story flowed smoothly with Louis' perfect narration. Brad Pitt was great, I can feel the anguish, the pain through his portrayal. I can see clearly the transition from "vampire with a mortal compassion" Louis to "detached, unchangeable, empty spirit" Louis. It's quite beautiful.

The story about vampires here; from their history, their myths, to their morals, society structure, distinct characteristics, etc...; feels natural, old school, basic, yet I found it very intriguing, engaging, and strangely enough, relatable. That is something that I never find in modern movies/adaptations/portrayals of vampire myth any more; which is quite sad.

I enjoyed the movie immensely from start to finish. The final scene, with Lestat driving away under the crowded city lights accompanied by Sympathy for the Devil on the radio, was very poetic. It delivered a great end to the movie.

I'd give it an A.