Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

Pathaan worldwide box office collection breakdown:

🇮🇳 India: $77.08M

🇺🇸 North America: $17.48M

🇦🇪 UAE: $8.19M

🇬🇧 UK: $5.01M

🇦🇺 Australia: $3.15M

🇳🇿 New Zealand: $848K

🇩🇪 Germany: $583K

🇮🇹 Italy: $57K

🇷🇺 Russia: $51K

🇪🇸 Spain: $46K

🇹🇷 Turkey: $30K

🇵🇹 Portugal: $28K

Total: 💰 $128.78M (₹1040 crores)

18 minutes ago, Issac Newton said:

🐐 👑 

12 hours ago, grim22 said:

I have to say, it's amazing to see all of India -the left, the right, the center, Hindus, Muslims, Christians etc - all so united against Adipurush. The movie has been the most unifying thing in India since the cricket team isn't doing that great currently.

Out of the loop here, but what was going on around that movie?

2 hours ago, ThatWaluigiDude said:

Out of the loop here, but what was going on around that movie?

It's convoluted. So Adipurush released a teaser a year ago and it was awful. Bad character designs, awful VFX, no sense of scope, copied sequences from Hollywood movies and so on. There was so much negative buzz that they decided to delay the movie 6 months saying they will work on the effects and make them better. Spoiler - they didn't. All they ended up doing was making the movie darker to hide the shoddy VFX.

But that is just one aspect. During the delay, they started an entire PR campaign about how it is the Ramayana which is the most sacred text and how this movie will respect Ram so much, and how they will keep one seat empty for Hanuman in every showing (poor Hanuman, he doesn't deserve this torture). The director and the stars left no stone unturned for promotion.

Then the movie comes out, and the reviews are awful, the audience is in there for Ramayan and hyped. Then the movie starts and it turns out the dialogues are written like Aamir Khan from Rangeela is delivering them instead of Hindu gods, the language used in the movie is downright awful and the character designs get rejected in a big way. 

The director and stars pretty much leave the promo trail fully and go silent (smart people), but the writer decides that now is his time and starts defending the movie as is his right. However, he goes a bit too far in his defenses and starts saying stuff like "This movie is NOT the Ramayana, just an interpretation", "Hanuman is not a God", "Nepal was part of India", "Audiences nowadays can't relate to Lord Ram", "The language i used in the movie is to attract the younger generation" among many many faux pas moments. As a result of that, all Bollywood movies are now banned in Nepal, a large section of the audience is angry and the movie is not even good enough to justify it.

We are genuinely lucky the movie is about Ram, and the writer is a Hindu and has BJP connections, else I fear what the anger of crowds could have done by now. 

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Spider Verse 2

Week 0 - ₹3.8cr

Week 1 - ₹22cr

Week 2 - ₹10.4cr

Week 3 - ₹3.8cr

Total - ₹40cr

Gross - ₹48cr ($5.9M)

4th week should hold well, possibly flat. Full run be ₹45cr (₹54cr / $6.7M Gross). Over/Under Incredibles 2 but expectations were higher. 

12 hours ago, Issac Newton said:

These are just Mojo numbers. Incomplete and missing many major markets. 

https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/box-office/shah-rukh-khans-pathaan-final-overseas-box-office-collections-closes-at-48-million-plus-1216429

4 hours ago, grim22 said:

"This movie is NOT the Ramayana, just an interpretation",

That was actually true and basically how the film was announced. On paper this was a great idea for taking Ramayana story and making it a fantasy set up.

But in the end for box office purpose, they made it almost Ramayan, promoted it as complete Ramayana for the ongoing Hindutva wave.

And in doing all that, made a terrible film visually. If this was good visually, I personally wouldn't have most of complains that others have because I know this wasn't supposed to be Ramayana. But can't say same for rest of India, they probably would have preferred this being Ramayana than better visually.

19 minutes ago, across the Jat verse said:

That was actually true and basically how the film was announced. On paper this was a great idea for taking Ramayana story and making it a fantasy set up.

But in the end for box office purpose, they made it almost Ramayan, promoted it as complete Ramayana for the ongoing Hindutva wave.

And in doing all that, made a terrible film visually. If this was good visually, I personally wouldn't have most of complains that others have because I know this wasn't supposed to be Ramayana. But can't say same for rest of India, they probably would have preferred this being Ramayana than better visually.

Yeah but "being supposed" didn't cut it, you say it was supposed to be that.

But they changed it, Now it isn't supposed to be that, Now it is supposed to be Ramayana.

20 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

One or two shows being full doesn't mean anything.

They're talking like as if it's some enormous success.

It has already blown past the previous animated top grosser, has expanded screens in its fourth week and is selling out. 

I'd say that's an enormous success. :spidey:

6 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

It has already blown past the previous animated top grosser, has expanded screens in its fourth week and is selling out. 

It hasn’t already blown past the record, it may.

That said, the film hardly had any shows last week, it would have recorded very good occupancy.

Just ignore TB.

• Heart 1

7 hours ago, Spidey Freak said:

It hasn't, not yet, and at this point if it can become top animatr grosser, or around be called blown past, because it will barely cross it.

Barely passing the previous top movies after 5 years of inflation. Not really an enormous success.

And again saying, few shows selling out here and there don't matter, we have B Grade movies doing that here every week, no big deal.

2 minutes ago, Spidey Freak said:

My bad. That India Today article i linked to said it had already made 50 Cr by Thursday and someone replied saying Frozen 2 made 47 total

There's a difference between GBOC &NBOC

Spidey numbers were in GBOC but Frozen II was at NBOC (GBOC = NBOC + 18%)

1 hour ago, grim22 said:

Watched Kisi Ka Bhai Kisi Ki Jaan on OTT yesterday, and its awful. There's a germ of a good movie in there but it really needed a different director with a clear vision for the story instead of the awful slop we saw.

Its a mix and match of every Bhai film ever since late 90s

the climax fight showing of him in the first trailer instantly reminded me of his one old movie (which was kinda decent for that time)

Edited by NamakFiskKa