Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

9 minutes ago, ZeeSoh said:

Bharat is already one of the 2 official names of India. So it is not changing the name it is dropping "India" altogether. Not only would this be a hugely costly thing to do (changing names of all organizations with India in its name, changing the currency in circulation, changing websites and so so many more) at a time when people are suffering economically and the money could be used in many social schemes , it also impacts other things. For example a lot of things are named after our country, like Indian Subcontinent, Indian Ocean, Indo-Pacific, etc. We lose that stature by dropping this name for no reason. 

There is absolutely no logical reason or benefit from this circus. I could understand if India was the only official name of the country and the government wanted to add Bharat. But that is not the case here. Bharat is already an official name for the country and they want to drop India entirely. Godi and his government is doing this for entirely idealogical and vote bank reasons. 

This might end up being the reason they don't go ahead with it in the end

• Haha 4

32 minutes ago, grim22 said:

This might end up being the reason they don't go ahead with it in the end

Lol I had seen that earlier on Reddit. A little part of me want to see this happen though for the chaos it will cause. Imagine a India vs Bharat cricket match

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, ZeeSoh said:

Bharat is already one of the 2 official names of India. So it is not changing the name it is dropping "India" altogether. Not only would this be a hugely costly thing to do (changing names of all organizations with India in its name, changing the currency in circulation, changing websites and so so many more) at a time when people are suffering economically and the money could be used in many social schemes , it also impacts other things. For example a lot of things are named after our country, like Indian Subcontinent, Indian Ocean, Indo-Pacific, etc. We lose that stature by dropping this name for no reason. 

There is absolutely no logical reason or benefit from this circus. I could understand if India was the only official name of the country and the government wanted to add Bharat. But that is not the case here. Bharat is already an official name for the country and they want to drop India entirely. Godi and his government is doing this for entirely idealogical and vote bank reasons. 

I think it will be more like in India we will use Bharat as first preference but Internationally both will go.

9 hours ago, across the Jat verse said:

I don’t see anything wrong with changing to Bharat though. For one its already Bharat as one of official names. Our neighbours did revert to their pre colonial names and many others. So shouldn’t be an issue.

Modi intentions are obviously petty.

There is an issue if India is removed totally . The cost of changing country name is in thousands of crores. So much wastage of money. Also its not like we don't use Bharat in domestic affairs. It's not a simple issue to change the name though. It will require so many amendments to several articles and the cost is huge. That same money can be spent anywhere else 

• Like 1

Also people have big misunderstanding about India's name. People claim it as it is Britishers who gave the name India or it's a colonial legacy which is absolutely incorrect. Greek transliterated the word Hind (Persian word) to Indus. That was back in 5th  century BC. When Alexander invaded India in 3rd BC India had come to be identified with the region beyond Indus.

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Nero said:

Also people have big misunderstanding about India's name. People claim it as it is Britishers who gave the name India or it's a colonial legacy which is absolutely incorrect. Greek transliterated the word Hind (Persian word) to Indus. That was back in 5th  century BC. When Alexander invaded India in 3rd BC India had come to be identified with the region beyond Indus.

In fact I have read that the name India goes back farther in history than the name Bharat based on actual historical sources rather than unreliable religious sources. 

2 hours ago, upriser7 said:

Jawan's initial reports look quite promising..looks like a proper mass commercial movie by a Bollywood star after a while. Assuming these initial reports are true, would be surprised if it doesn't cross Pathaan in India

From the reviews it seems way better than pathaan. So it should do gangbuster business. Imo pathaan was average at best. North actors should do more films with south directors. They know how to make proper entertaining mass movie 🍿

On 9/5/2023 at 9:05 PM, ZeeSoh said:

I think there some hypcorisy cause the people who are upset about this name change, have no care about cost or issues when we change names out here in the west from colonial roots (even if the roots arent even bad or wrong).

Also 'india' has older roots but its more used by non indians at that time. India was only really used again by the British.

Edited by Torontofan

1 hour ago, Torontofan said:

I think there some hypcorisy cause the people who are upset about this name change, have no care about cost or issues when we change names out here in the west from colonial roots (even if the roots arent even bad or wrong).

Also 'india' has older roots but its more used by non indians at that time. India was only really used again by the British.

Like it's already there in article 1 of our constitution: India that is Bharat. So we can use both.

What's funny is that there was PIL for name change in 2015 but BJP govt had told Supreme Court that there was no change in circumstances since Constituent Assembly debate to warrant a name change. And govt also recently said that there are not changing the name 😂

This all drama is for diverting focus from various issues including inflation, INDIA alliance and Manipur issue which still hasn't been resolved. 

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Torontofan said:

Unless I am misunderstanding something, why in the fuck would I care about name changes in the west and its costs? I don’t live there I live in India so I don’t see how it is hypocritical to not care what the west does?