Fake

Indian Box Office Thread | Jawan overtakes Pathaan, becomes highest grossing Indian movie of 2023

22 hours ago, Nero said:

It was diwali opening though 

Yes but trends over the years change and while Diwali day is still not optimal, there are areas where impact of Diwali is from less to none.

Also Diwali impact starts from evening na,  Morning, and Noon are National Holiday levels.

4 hours ago, Torontofan said:

57 cr 2nd day.

Seems like a 400 cr finish

More like 300ish if lucky. Yrf is not going to be happy at all. Frankly who came up with Nov 12 release date? Should have released on Friday itself and opened to 55+. Sat 35+ sun 30+ mon 50+  

This movie's marketing was lackluster tbh. Had no hit song, which hurt it. 

More than Tiger 3, people are talking about the cameos especially the one after post credit scene.  

WTF happened here?  This looks like it will actually flame out below 300 cr and well below TZH.  Even without the World Cup I doubt it would have touched TZH.

Was it only BOI hyping this as a a potential 500+ cr film or was it the rest of the industry as well?  Because missing that mark by >50% suggests that its beyond a WOM/reception problem...it was never contending.

12 minutes ago, spizzer said:

WTF happened here?  This looks like it will actually flame out below 300 cr and well below TZH.  Even without the World Cup I doubt it would have touched TZH.

Was it only BOI hyping this as a a potential 500+ cr film or was it the rest of the industry as well?  Because missing that mark by >50% suggests that its beyond a WOM/reception problem...it was never contending.

Industry and idiotic Twitter boxoffice pundits. They don't understand ground realities and are far away from pulse of the audience. Most of these folks make their predictions on the basis of emotions and their fav actor /actress. Never think logically. 

In this movie's case, I would say many things have gone wrong.

1. Salman is overexposed. Has done a lot of flop/bad films of late

2. Flop songs

3. Diwali period is tricky for movies. Some do well and some underperform

4. Cricket World Cup 

5. Lame marketing 

6. The story of the movie was unacceptable to the general Indian public

Comparisons to Pathan, Gadar 2 and Jawan were stupid. It was never going to do those numbers, as the buzz was nowhere close to those films. Best case scenario was 500 cr if all was perfect. That was not to be.

Yrf will obviously be nervous going forward with their spy universe. They will probably just hope for the best with war 2, but keep expectations in check. They need to work on their marketing and release strategy though. Also, ensure not to have stupid unrealistic storylines of Indian agents teaming up with enemy nation agents to save enemy nation PM from an ex agent of enemy nation gone bad. Jesus. 

If the reaction to post credit scene is any indication, war 2 will do just fine. Maybe not Pathan, Jawan or Gadar 2 numbers, but still very good numbers. Having Jr. NtR will enhance the numbers in south. 

34 minutes ago, spizzer said:

It was the biggest film of the year at beginning of year.

1 hour ago, charlie Jatinder said:

It was the biggest film of the year at beginning of year.

Back in March 2022 when the both movies were announced, i thought that Pathaan will have greater hype just because it was the comeback of the biggest star of the industry. Plus SRK-Salman action packed cameo was novelty and fresh in Pathaan.

And i knew that giving such a big budget Star driven vehicle to Maneesh Sharma was a mighty gamble.

Maneesh Sharma already got SRK and screwed up, Now he screwed up with Salman, and this time in a genre which Salman is known for.

1 hour ago, spizzer said:

Maneesh Sharma made a Hollywood movie under the guise of Hindi Cinema, that's what happened. 

It was clear with trailers that were dull and music was mediocre.

If you watch the movie, you'll feel no excitement, especially first half is a slog, second half has some parts that were exciting, but that's about it.

While SRK cameo as The Legendary Pathaan is one of those somewhat  exciting parts, the impact was missing, Tiger cameo in Pathaan was much more impactful and executed miles better.

11 minutes ago, THUNDER BIRD said:

While SRK cameo as The Legendary Pathaan is one of those somewhat  exciting parts, the impact was missing, Tiger cameo in Pathaan was much more impactful and executed miles better.

I think it's because of 2 reasons

1. The cameo was exactly in the same moment and style as the Tiger cameo in Pathaan

2. Salman Khan's refusal to look weak. He never feels like he is in any danger. Even after the scene is done, SRK looks more tired and worn out

Salman really needs to go back to allowing himself to be beaten down on screen. His contract requirements state that he can never run away from the villain. If you watch Wanted or the first Tiger or Jai Ho, the scene is set for Salman to lead the villains to the place where he wants to bash them up but instead the villains have to run away or be led to Salman. We can never feel he's the underdog until he puts himself in that position like in Bajrangi Bhaijaan 

8 minutes ago, grim22 said:

I think it's because of 2 reasons

1. The cameo was exactly in the same moment and style as the Tiger cameo in Pathaan

2. Salman Khan's refusal to look weak. He never feels like he is in any danger. Even after the scene is done, SRK looks more tired and worn out

Salman really needs to go back to allowing himself to be beaten down on screen. His contract requirements state that he can never run away from the villain. If you watch Wanted or the first Tiger or Jai Ho, the scene is set for Salman to lead the villains to the place where he wants to bash them up but instead the villains have to run away or be led to Salman. We can never feel he's the underdog until he puts himself in that position like in Bajrangi Bhaijaan 

The Rock 80S GIF

12 hours ago, spizzer said:

What are going expectations for Animal and Dunki?

Animal could either FLOP or go Kabir Singh way. I am more leaning toward FLOP but then I never expected Kabir Singh to work.

Dunki I am a bit conservative for it, even though it has Hirani directing but feel the subject isn't wide appealing enough and clash with Salaar will hurt in Hindi belt.